• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Samsung Galaxy Book 4 i7 vs Infinix ZEROBOOK 13 for College: Need Your Advice!

I have Infinix X2 slim i3 11th gen and it doesn't even perform like an i3 9th gen processor šŸ˜‚. Takes years to boot up and speakers are pathetic.
All new generation Intel processors are inferior.

AMD ne tho k rakh diya Intel ko. billions of dollars k losses jhel raha hai Intel every year.

Grow up man.

That was 1 and 2 decades old AMD processors.

Now Intel processors get very hot. All New gen. Intel processors heats a lot.

AMD has made many advancements.

The newest AMD Ryzens are cooler than intel and the previous AMD Ryzen are also pretty good.

Kaha se yeh sab news late ho ?

Intel processors are now useless from last 5-6 years. No new development, over heating, over priced etc.

All enterprise customers are now also shipped to AMD because of better performance, cheaper prices and no heating issue like Intel (All new generation Intel processors are overheating).
Thanks for enlightening me. A simple search revealed some interesting points and I agree with you.
simpsons-thanks.gif

>>> AMD gained a bad reputation during the Bulldozer era. Back in 2011 they released the FX-8150 which had very disappointing benchmarks, and it was shown to run hot and consume a lot of power. AMD royally messed up with the FX series. The saved a little bit of face with the FX-8350/ Piledriver refresh a year later, but these still ran hot and consumed a lot of power.

>>>AMD CPUs run cooler, if anything.
AMD only has a revolutionary technology that measures temperature at the die, at the transistor level, whereas Intel CPUs only measure at the Heatsink Level. So AMD CPUs do report ā€œhigherā€ temperatures than Intel CPUs if you compare Tdie. AMD also has Heatsink Temperatures to compare to too.

>>>As of 2019 AMD has been able to make their chips more efficient and with similar power efficiency capabilities and actually smaller die than an Intel. However they also struggle with the frequency of the chips where Intel is the king of frequency (5.0 vs 4.3ish). However, Intel has sacrificed power consumption to get these frequencies and therefore tend to run hotter when at max speed.

So to conclude the answer, AMD doesnā€™t really run hotter than Intel. Intel and AMD are about the same under average loads. Itā€™s the Higher performance Intel chips (e.g. iā€“9 9900k) under high load that are the king of heat production.

Last edited:
for me i will buy infinix..reason..if u handle with care..laptop wont damage under waranty..so waranty gets over..u will run in local shop only

Thanks for enlightening me. A simple search revealed some interesting points and I agree with you.
simpsons-thanks.gif

>>> AMD gained a bad reputation during the Bulldozer era. Back in 2011 they released the FX-8150 which had very disappointing benchmarks, and it was shown to run hot and consume a lot of power. AMD royally messed up with the FX series. The saved a little bit of face with the FX-8350/ Piledriver refresh a year later, but these still ran hot and consumed a lot of power.

>>>AMD CPUs run cooler, if anything.
AMD only has a revolutionary technology that measures temperature at the die, at the transistor level, whereas Intel CPUs only measure at the Heatsink Level. So AMD CPUs do report ā€œhigherā€ temperatures than Intel CPUs if you compare Tdie. AMD also has Heatsink Temperatures to compare to too.

>>>As of 2019 AMD has been able to make their chips more efficient and with similar power efficiency capabilities and actually smaller die than an Intel. However they also struggle with the frequency of the chips where Intel is the king of frequency (5.0 vs 4.3ish). However, Intel has sacrificed power consumption to get these frequencies and therefore tend to run hotter when at max speed.

So to conclude the answer, AMD doesnā€™t really run hotter than Intel. Intel and AMD are about the same under average loads. Itā€™s the Higher performance Intel chips (e.g. iā€“9 9900k) under high load that are the king of heat production.
Ya, Latest AMD Ryzen processor offer better value and multicore performance. No heating issue and cooler than Intel.

Some people even make memes that Intel processors are room heater.

Your data is also from 2019. AMD has made further progress in the last few years.

That's why I said that enterprise customers are also shifting to AMD now.

Now all the companies have chosen AMD in server processors also.

Intel ab woh nahi raha jo hua karta tha ek time pe.

Back