• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sapphiro Card - Golf Benefits

nknaveen457

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Has anyone ever used free golf benefits offered by various credit cards including ICICI Sapphiro? If anyone has ever used it, can you please share the experience?

Can a beginner go to learn without having a golf kit or do we need to own the proper kit and attire before availing of the complimentary golf round/lesson?

Last edited:
Knowing myself and the number of free golf benefits credit cards are giving nowadays, I will get addicted for sure. so better to avoid :v
your choice..

HDFC has this rule for Infinia:

What about golf equipment and F&B expenses?

All other costs and charges such as F&B expenses, consumables, rental of golf equipment, golf-cart (buggy) charges, caddy fees and more, are to be borne by the cardholder(s) and his/her guest(s). Cardholders and guests have to pay directly at the club for buggy, caddie, turfmate and insurance at normal published rates at the club, where applicable

You can take golf lessons without any additional charge.When you try to play the game on a golf course,you have to pay for the caddie/cart.You need a proper golf kit,to play on the course.You should take golf lessons first. Sapphiro is a very bad card to use for golf,you need to spend 50k,to get 1 complimentary round of golf.

You can take golf lessons without any additional charge.When you try to play the game on a golf course,you have to pay for the caddie/cart.You need a proper golf kit,to play on the course.You should take golf lessons first. Sapphiro is a very bad card to use for golf,you need to spend 50k,to get 1 complimentary round of golf.
Totally free? will they give the Golf kit too needed for lessons?

your choice..

HDFC has this rule for Infinia:

What about golf equipment and F&B expenses?

All other costs and charges such as F&B expenses, consumables, rental of golf equipment, golf-cart (buggy) charges, caddy fees and more, are to be borne by the cardholder(s) and his/her guest(s). Cardholders and guests have to pay directly at the club for buggy, caddie, turfmate and insurance at normal published rates at the club, where applicable
This is why normal people don't go for it

This is why normal people don't go for it
Normal people don't usually get such benefits :)

if you are earning more than 50k per month, you come under top 4-5% wage bracket of India... so 50k (normal/minimal for you) is quite high for general/average population

simple logic hai yaar, not sure why people keep looping over it... If you want to have the experience, nothing wrong in spending on it for once..

Normal people don't usually get such benefits :)

if you are earning more than 50k per month, you come under top 4-5% wage bracket of India... so 50k (normal/minimal for you) is quite high for general/average population

simple logic hai yaar, not sure why people keep looping over it... If you want to have the experience, nothing wrong in spending on it for once..
Earning and golf is not much related. Basically golf is a high expensive game and a professional training itself comes around 20L per year. that is why many Indians do not have good representation for golf in main games like olympics. so leave alone normal people or even high earning people. It is also not very popular like cricket football or badminton.
I earn 4X than what you told per month but i don't even know the basics or ABCD of golf. Not comparing with others but usually even a high earner will drool over a free airport lounge benefit and cry for 100 rs discount - i have seen personally a lot of times at many different counters.. that's why i just told golf is not for everyone.

i don't even know the basics or ABCD of golf
exactly!!!

I am repeating the same thing again and again.... first people need to decide!!!!
If you just want to give it a try once as you have the benefit with your card, then there should not be any harm.. it would be a new experience

I don't assume you are going to play once for free via card and then will be thinking of going into olympics

high earner will drool over a free airport lounge benefit and cry for 100 rs discount
That's Indian mentality, can't help... you leave tips at hotels, but fight for that Rs.10 from road-side vendors

Hi All,

Has anyone ever used free golf benefits offered by various credit cards including ICICI Sapphiro? If anyone has ever used it, can you please share the experience?

Can a beginner go to learn without having a golf kit or do we need to own the proper kit and attire before availing of the complimentary golf round/lesson?
Which city are you from ??

Back