• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Approval after rejection + Predatory selling for random features?

arjun697

TF Select
I had applied for SBI Vistara Prime via the agent at the mall in July. After not much progress for close to 2 months, I sent an escalation mail and they confirmed this will be resolved in 11 days and ultimately resolved this by rejecting the application. I made my peace with this.

However, I met the same set of agents at the mall around 1st week of Oct and they insisted to check the reason for rejection. They said it was minor issue and insisted I reapply. Without much concerns, they took my details again. This was rejected as well. Again, made my peace with this by completely ignoring the SBI counter section folks at the mall.

Now that I was ready to switch my spends to Amex after the referral program from December, out of nowhere I got a text and mail today morning saying SBI application approved and the card is on its way.

Coming to the 2nd part, I even got a call from some agent a while back informing some features and I was like good, good. However, at the end of the call he asked me to confirm YES or NO and amount of 2499 inclusive of all charges will be charged in the 1st month. I asked if this was annual fees since I expected that to be 2999+taxes and he did not have a straightforward answer for a couple of minutes. He sped up the tone of response like an automated caller. Then he passed on the call to his senior who confirmed these were features which comes at an additional cost of 2499. Didn't make sense they will casually pass basic features (Fraud protection, Zee5, some health checkup, travel protection) with an additional charge to the consumer. If these charges had been same as the annual fees, I would have just said yes, yes and closed the call.

So just a cautionary note, watch out for these basic generic calls. One of them could turn out to be expensive.

I assumed it's just basic card protection features usually available for free. In the end, they just took a statement from me citing the reason why I don't want it

Happened with me too. They by default tick yes for CPP while submitting the application and one you get the card, for the first week you will be hounded by the CPP guys!

Back