• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Violating The RBI Guidelines - Card Activated & Reported To CIBIL Before Activation

It would be much better if you complained directly about .... Activation..... rather than explaining your whole story .... in bo complaint.

Rbi officers are not interested in our stories or .... in practical point of view*
I have opened isolated BO complaints at each stages.
  1. For LTF misselling
  2. For issuing 1st statement before activation
  3. For reporting the payment and account to CIBIL before activation
Unless someone had gone through my case manually, they wouldn't have closed case 2 and 3. I am sure RBI BO have taken note of this and working on it.

Today got a call from SBICard social media team. The guy asked me whether he can send the joining welcome offer. They were prompt on charging the joining fee within 2 weeks of approving the card. But offering joining welcome offer after 6 months. I am sure their pants are on fire and now trying hard to dig some non-existent proof to claim that I have activated it.

SBICARD is violating many RBI Directions openly. I don't know who is giving them those authority! I already posted in this forum few days before that they issued SBI SimplySave against my old FBB STYLEUP card without my approval or consent. Irony is that when I asked them the reason they were simply pushing me to consider this card. After that, I started argument with RBI directives with them & they somehow felt fear about further escalations to Ombudsman & issued the card what I want with a promise of First Year Free, though I asked them to provide a LifeTimeFree card but they simply rejected. Currently, I am seeing SBICARD is simply losing it's glamour & imposing charges/cards to the customer to make profits. I experienced similar kind of unclear charges & services on their homeloan sanction with SBI. I think, SBI is somehow losing the game of competition & making the earnings by imposing hefty charges on their customers. Irony is that, most of the Indians are considering SBI as their safe lender/banker by which this bank rule it's monopoly. Indians should change the mindset first. I believe other PSBs like PNB, BOB, CANARA BANK etc far more transparent & competitive now a days. I am not considering Private players here as they are already superior & the future is already with them only.

Got a call from SBICard again. They said that "Our Sales Team activated your Credit Card and that is valid. We follow all guidelines and rules issued by RBI."
On asking her to point to the clause which confirms activation by their sales team as consent to activation by customer, she disconnected the call and ran away.

Back