• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cash Back Card

PrabhuP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am holding Amazon Pay ICICI card and with out Prime Membership on where i have applied the credit card. So i am getting only 3% cash back.
Also i am holding Flipkart Axis bank card too and Holding 3 Axis cards(Myzone, FK, Airtel).

Is it better to take SBI Cash back card and Use it on Amazon and Flipkart purchases and Close FK/Myzone and get ACE card?

@VISHESH_BANSAL @Pavan Thanks for this
i had a belief that online is cheaper than offline since mostly appliances whichever i see offline is always more in price than online and almost every time i have to leave the store to come home and order online that product
will give more time spending some offline.

@VISHESH_BANSAL @Pavan Thanks for this
i had a belief that online is cheaper than offline since mostly appliances whichever i see offline is always more in price than online and almost every time i have to leave the store to come home and order online that product
will give more time spending some offline.
Visit Vijay/Reliance/Croma for best offers

Offline How good you are at Barganing Results in good discount.

The refrigerator which I am talking, offline Price is also 32k which they mentioned on the Price tag.

But after Bargaining, They invoiced it at 27.5k. The instant discount which online platforms is giving on usage of specific Bank Cards, I got that much or even more discount by only Barganing.

Rest 4.5k was was received as CashBack due to a Bajaj Finance offer running at Vijay Sales.

Keep both Amazon and Flipkart card because SBI Cashback card is not reliable when it comes to giving the only thing back 😂 that is the CB. Get the CB Card and try with small transactions first and if you get the CB, then make a bigger transaction. You may cancel Myzone and get Ace against it.
I never had cashback problems with cashback card

I never had cashback problems with cashback card
While I personally haven't encountered any issues so far, there have been complaints from other users in this forum, and a quick search would provide the same results. The main concern revolves around the Merchant Category Code (MCC) that is being reported.

While I personally haven't encountered any issues so far, there have been complaints from other users in this forum, and a quick search would provide the same results. The main concern revolves around the Merchant Category Code (MCC) that is being reported.
MCCs are generally fixed for online spends. The restricted MCCs will never give CB. People aren't aware of the restricted MCCs thus they complain.

MCCs are generally fixed for online spends. The restricted MCCs will never give CB. People aren't aware of the restricted MCCs thus they complain.
If it hasn't happened with you doesn't mean it doesn't exist, like I said earlier search the forum once and you will get your answer.

Go through these threads

Yes, these MCC codes screwing up big time.
I bought sweets from Almond House for about 20K expecting 1K back recently.
I didn't get any thing . Upon enquiry with SBI , found out that they used 04816, which I found out to be used for utility...
Big mess up.. Can't really do anything. We need to test with a little amount before big purchase with any merchant.. The only solution for this big mess.
Luckily we usually get to know whether we got cashback or not after the amount was settled which takes about 2 to 3 days from transaction..
This is my 2 cents

In an another incident , I bought a silver plate from a pure silver vendor from Bangalore and the product was classified as a kitchen item when it was sent by courier. I didn't get any CB as it was classified as a Jewellery MCC. When I asked the shop owner about which MCC code they used, she asked me in return what is MCC code? She had no clue about MCC and complained to me that she actually lost 3% commission to Razor pay. I asked her to find out with Razor pay what MCC code was used . She promptly came back to me with a code that relates to jewellery. The point here is, most of the merchants had no clue about MCC codes. Its all hit and miss for us.

Back