• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback Card - Repeated Rejections

I have been applying for SBI Cashback card for the better part of 1.5 years now. Still haven't gotten my hands on it yet.

Nov 2022 - Had only two cards from Axis and ICICI. Did not have any prior relationship with SBI apart from Savings account. Was in hometown and went ahead with Sprint Application. Agent came for address verification in hometown and got Aadhar & biometric details. Card was rejected in a few days. Assumed the rejection was because of different address in hometown & Workplace address. My cousin got the card approved instantly (in the same time frame with same situation).

Feb 2023 - Applied again once for Cashback card I moved to Work location. Agent came to Office for verification. Had me sign a form, but did not have a checkbox for Cashback card. When enquired, he said that this is for formality and the application is for Cashback card only. Application got rejected again.

May 2023 - Received a call from SBI. Was instructed to apply on call for SBI Cashback card. Informed all the details and got the application started. Agent came to office again with the same form for signature. Application got approved for a SimplyClick card instead of Cashback card. Decided to keep this card since I didn't have any SBI card at that time.

Apr 2024 - Was browsing through eligible credit cards from my SBI Savings account Netbanking. Saw Cashback credit card and decided to apply from there. When I started the application, it asked me to verify salary bank account. After this though, the Cashback card disappeared in Sprint and it suggested that I was only eligible for SimplySave card. Decided to go ahead with new application for preapproved SimplySave card (Worst decision, I know). It got approved.

May 2024 - Decided to try my luck once again and started a new application for Cashback card from Sprint. This time though, I applied through a different mobile number with same details. No address verification was done, received multiple calls for verification and the application was rejected after almost a month. Same "internal policies" reason.

Aug 2024 - I have now closed my SimplyClick card and decided to have only my SimplySave card, since I'm using this card only for Sale discounts.

I receive around 1.5L net income and my combined credit limit from 8 other cards is around 35L.

1. Why was I rejected multiple times over the years?
2. Given this new Over leverage reason used by SBI, Will I ever get CB card if I decided to apply in future? (If so, when would be an optimal time)

May 2023 - Received a call from SBI. Was instructed to apply on call for SBI Cashback card. Informed all the details and got the application started. Agent came to office again with the same form for signature. Application got approved for a SimplyClick card instead of Cashback card. Decided to keep this card since I didn't have any SBI card at that time.
SBI CB cannot be applied via Any Agent on call you can apply via branch SBI Card Agent also use the C2C method
Apr 2024 - Was browsing through eligible credit cards from my SBI Savings account Netbanking. Saw Cashback credit card and decided to apply from there. When I started the application, it asked me to verify salary bank account. After this though, the Cashback card disappeared in Sprint and it suggested that I was only eligible for SimplySave card. Decided to go ahead with new application for preapproved SimplySave card (Worst decision, I know). It got approved.
I got SBI CB as my first SBI card with a decent 50K limit.
May 2024 - Decided to try my luck once again and started a new application for Cashback card from Sprint. This time though, I applied through a different mobile number with same details. No address verification was done, received multiple calls for verification and the application was rejected after almost a month. Same "internal policies" reason.

Aug 2024 - I have now closed my SimplyClick card and decided to have only my SimplySave card, since I'm using this card only for Sale discounts.

I receive around 1.5L net income and my combined credit limit from 8 other cards is around 35L.

1. Why was I rejected multiple times over the years?
Not sure but when you apply the card try to keep 25K plus in your SBI SB Account last 3 months. And stop applying for SBI card every 1-2 month gap. SBI will keep rejecting you.
Most probably it is the over-leverage issue.
2. Given this new Over leverage reason used by SBI, Will I ever get CB card if I decided to apply in future? (If so, when would be an optimal time)
Optimal Time: Sept End before Sale Season and March

Many people asking same and are going through same hassles. SBI is good at giving first card only and then they refrain from issuing further or take sweet time to approve another card. We really don't know how they decide to give or reject a card. Many, many things invloved with them. Retrying within few months or again and again lesser your chances of getting card. So always be patient or until they offer you card like in my case it started appearing on Netbanking.

Keep using your first card. Just today I applied cashback card in morning for my cousin and this is her first card from SBI. Cashback card approved with 40K limit at first go via netbanking. Offer was appearing from July 10th for her(7 days after she did 40L FDs) and maintained 2.5L in savings. But I asked her not to apply and today I did on her behalf from NB. Once I saw limit page, it was like winning. :ROFLMAO:

Given your case, it very difficult to SBI card now, only way is to close few cards or reduce credit limit. There is post in the forum on how to reduce CL for some banks. You can do that and try again.

SBI agent can look into your previous application and tell you the reason for rejection.

Many people asking same and are going through same hassles. SBI is good at giving first card only and then they refrain from issuing further or take sweet time to approve another card. We really don't know how they decide to give or reject a card. Many, many things invloved with them. Retrying within few months or again and again lesser your chances of getting card. So always be patient or until they offer you card like in my case it started appearing on Netbanking.

Keep using your first card. Just today I applied cashback card in morning for my cousin and this is her first card from SBI. Cashback card approved with 40K limit at first go via netbanking. Offer was appearing from July 10th for her(7 days after she did 40L FDs) and maintained 2.5L in savings. But I asked her not to apply and today I did on her behalf from NB. Once I saw limit page, it was like winning. :ROFLMAO:
I tried getting my first card as SBI CB, but you can see how they rejected my first two applications. I don't want to give up either my credit limit on other cards or my primary SBI card (because of sale discount). I guess SBI CB isn't for me.

I tried getting my first card as SBI CB, but you can see how they rejected my first two applications. I don't want to give up either my credit limit on other cards or my primary SBI card (because of sale discount). I guess SBI CB isn't for me.
Keep trying but at a interval so as to increase chances. Let CIBIL score settles after every hard enquiry. My time gap between 2 CCs was always 6 months apart. Only last month I after getting pop-up gave tried after 45 days and luckily it went through. :) Your 35L already availed cards is a negative here. I hope you never missed or delayed any payment. CIBIL report is throughly checked by SBI systems.

Same case with me, applied multiple times cashback card rejected, holding 8+ cards with good limits, finally received simply click card through SBI bank agent, not sure what's it is not approving cashback card.

Same case with me, applied multiple times cashback card rejected, holding 8+ cards with good limits, finally received simply click card through SBI bank agent, not sure what's it is not approving cashback card.
Just open a SBI zero Balance account and keep more than 25K for three months then apply for the card chances of approval will increase only valid for SBI CB & base variant cards. Tried and tested methods many of my friends and family members got the card after multiple rejections.
Man, I recently applied for SBI cashback. And it was not approved instantly, application is under process, so what are my chances? 😂
Yes, currently SBI is taking time to process. And think there will be verification in your case either home or Office. First SBI card?
Note: Don't apply SBI cards back to back even after the first approval. Wait at least 6 months for a fresh application/2nd SBI card.

Just open a SBI zero Balance account and keep more than 25K for three months then apply for the card chances of approval will increase only valid for SBI CB & base variant cards. Tried and tested methods many of my friends and family members got the card after multiple rejections.

Yes, currently SBI is taking time to process. And think there will be verification in your case either home or Office. First SBI card?
Note: Don't apply SBI cards back to back even after the first approval. Wait at least 6 months for a fresh application/2nd SBI card.
Already having SBI bank account since 5+ years maintaining good monthly balance and good Cybil score 790+, not sure for rejection..

Holding Citibank Credit card two, which is 8 and 7 years old these are my first cards.
Recently it’s migrated to Axis Bank, now this card's annual fees are 1000, and there are not many offers on these cards to hold.
Will the credit score be impacted by upgrading/downgrading these cards?
if any one have any idea, please reply..

Holding Citibank Credit card two, which is 8 and 7 years old these are my first cards.
Recently it’s migrated to Axis Bank, now this card's annual fees are 1000, and there are not many offers on these cards to hold.
Will the credit score be impacted by upgrading/downgrading these cards?
if any one have any idea, please reply..
Downgrading or Upgrading will not harm you. But closing the card will affect you as your credit history is more than 5 years old. It will be recovered very soon. Close the card at an interval not together.

Back