• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cashback credit card got declined 3 times in a row.

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Hello all,

I do have a SBI prime credit card but I am not able to get the most out of it and does not justify the annual fee of 2999. I want to get SBI Cashback credit card but have been declined 3 times in a row (in last ~2 years).

I want this card really bad.

Any suggestion on how to get this card.

Hello all,

I do have a SBI prime credit card but I am not able to get the most out of it and does not justify the annual fee of 2999. I want to get SBI Cashback credit card but have been declined 3 times in a row (in last ~2 years).

I want this card really bad.

Any suggestion on how to get this card.
How many credit cards do you have? Because some time Sbi card declined due to over leverage of card.

If you have other CCs, and want to close SBI Prime card, go ahead and do so. When the SBI guys call you, explain your preference n the reason why you wanna close Prime which might get closed almost immediately. If you're lucky, you might get SBI CB card after 3 months.

Reactions: BVC
How many credit cards do you have? Because some time Sbi card declined due to over leverage of card.
ahh okay, if they check the card leverage. That might be the reason. I have 15+ credit cards. I don’t use most of them. Just keeping them for online offers. Overall utilised limit is always less than 10% with 100% payments on time till date

If you have other CCs, and want to close SBI Prime card, go ahead and do so. When the SBI guys call you, explain your preference n the reason why you wanna close Prime which might get closed almost immediately. If you're lucky, you might get SBI CB card after 3 months.
Tbh, I don’t want to take this risk haha. I had to wait 1.5 years, and after 3-4 times of rejection they gave me SBI prime that too after the agent asked me to lie about my designation and office address (i work remotely from Noida and office address if Hyd that too a startup)

Reactions: BVC
Tbh, I don’t want to take this risk haha. I had to wait 1.5 years, and after 3-4 times of rejection they gave me SBI prime that too after the agent asked me to lie about my designation and office address (i work remotely from Noida and office address if Hyd that too a startup)
Hope you have applied online only. Overleverage is key here.

SBI Considers this very strictly these days. They do accept credit exposure upto 2 times the annual income based on many user experiences.

I used to hold SBI BPCL and got approved for Cashback card despite having 14 CCs and credit exposure of ~3 times the annual income. However they kept rejecting Vistara Prime (applied online/ through branch/ in airport) multiple times. Over time I closed few unused cards including SBI ones...Vistara was approved with good limit (held 9 CCs and credit exposure of 2.2 times the annual income during online application).

Back