• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Legend
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who asked to add to my secret group it’s by invite only (don’t think that it’s a kind of Amex centurion card) we observe and see ppl their card portfolio experience and how mature their posts then we send invite
So far 4 only got invited lol
As a compliment I am giving the current account trick since I can’t add lot to my secret group here thanks:
pls use T2 of NPS virtual account it’s a current account with Axis bank
Credit to that account from cc via paytm education/tuition and post bill time take withdrawal from NPS t2 and settle bill
Use it for achieving milestone for fee waiver don’t use for very high rotation we may get closed this loophole
I am using from last 6 months secretly lol
T2 virtual account creation link

For those who asked to add to my secret group it’s by invite only (don’t think that it’s a kind of Amex centurion card) we observe and see ppl their card portfolio experience and how mature their posts then we send invite
So far 4 only got invited lol
As a compliment I am giving the current account trick since I can’t add lot to my secret group here thanks:
pls use T2 of NPS virtual account it’s a current account with Axis bank
Credit to that account from cc via paytm education/tuition and post bill time take withdrawal from NPS t2 and settle bill
Use it for achieving milestone for fee waiver don’t use for very high rotation we may get closed this loophole
I am using from last 6 months secretly lol
T2 virtual account creation link
Great find, appreciate you sharing with wider community.

Isnt education fee payment excluded for milestone benefits for most cards?

If I do transaction worth 2L in this month for 10K cashback, and my statement geberates next month, will I get full 10K cashback or only 5K?
Cashback gets calculated once the transaction is settled, so whatever amount you see as cashback will get credited within two days of statement generation.

*** One important update ***

Recently I did a transaction of 3000 for purchasing Amazon GV from Amazon.
I confirmed from CC it took MCC code 5399.
So that means we will continue to get 5% CB purchasing Amazon GV from Amazon if no further change from Amazon.
I hope it will be the same and hope for the best.
Same, asked for Paytm Ecommerce, magicpin, pine labs (wohoo payu gateway), olacabs (on magicpin), intermiles (direct as well as cred). None of them were 5947 will continue to get 5%.

MCC -
Pine labs (woohoo payu gateway) - 5734 - Computer Software Stores)
Wohoo - 5947 - Card, Gift, Novelty and Souvenir Shops
Paytm Ecommerce - 5699 - Accessory and Apparel Stores–Miscellaneous
Olacabs - 4121 - Taxicabs and Limousines
Jet privilege / Cred intermiles - 4511 - Air Carriers, Airlines–not elsewhere classified
Magicpin - 7399 - Business Services Not Elsewhere Classified

Same, asked for Paytm Ecommerce, magicpin, pine labs (wohoo payu gateway), olacabs (on magicpin), intermiles (direct as well as cred). None of them were 5947 will continue to get 5%.

MCC -
Pine labs (woohoo payu gateway) - 5734 - Computer Software Stores)
Wohoo - 5947 - Card, Gift, Novelty and Souvenir Shops
Paytm Ecommerce - 5699 - Accessory and Apparel Stores–Miscellaneous
Olacabs - 4121 - Taxicabs and Limousines
Jet privilege / Cred intermiles - 4511 - Air Carriers, Airlines–not elsewhere classified
Magicpin - 7399 - Business Services Not Elsewhere Classified
From where you got all this info??

Back