• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback credit card official benefits revised w.e.f. 1st May 2023

BhaiyaJi

TF Legend
REVISION OF BENEFITS ON CASHBACK SBI CARD:

With effect from 01 May 2023, following changes will be applicable on your CASHBACK SBI Card:

A. Below categories will not be eligible for Cashback benefit, apart from existing exclusions:

CategoryMerchant Category Code (MCC)
Jewelry5051, 5094, 5944, 7631
School & Educational Services5111, 5192, 5942, 5943, 8211, 8220, 8241, 8244, 8249, 8299, 8351
Utilities4814, 4900, 9399, 4816, 4899
Insurance Services5960, 6300, 6381
Card, Gift, Novelty & Souvenir Shops5947
Member Financial Institution/Quasi Cash6011, 6012, 6051
Railways4011, 4112

The Merchant Category Codes are defined by the Networks and are subjected to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the Networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

B. Maximum Cashback that can be earned on online & offline spends in a statement cycle will be capped at `5000.

C. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge benefit will be discontinued.

screenshot_2023-03-31-12-31-57-784_com-google-android-apps-docs-edit-jpg.13045

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell me some alternate ways of buying amazon gift card via sbi cashback card and get 5 percent not directly via amazon (somehow my sbi credit card stopped showing in payment options in my account when I pay amazon gift card). Earlier during day it didn't allow me buy 6k worth amazon gift card, like stopped showing my card there. Now I checked with 2k and it showed, got the 2k one ( now again even when I select 2k gift card sbi card is not coming in option. what's wrong?

Please tell me some alternate ways of buying amazon gift card via sbi cashback card and get 5 percent not directly via amazon (somehow my sbi credit card stopped showing in payment options in my account when I pay amazon gift card). Earlier during day it didn't allow me buy 6k worth amazon gift card, like stopped showing my card there. Now I checked with 2k and it showed, got the 2k one ( now again even when I select 2k gift card sbi card is not coming in option. what's wrong?
There are limits on how much Apay vouchers you can buy using credit cards. So you must have exhausted the limits

Try purchasing from Tata Neu app. It is giving 5% on SBI cash back as of now

There are limits on how much Apay vouchers you can buy using credit cards. So you must have exhausted the limits

Try purchasing from Tata Neu app. It is giving 5% on SBI cash back as of now
I was trying gyftr, downloaded the app but there is no credit card option there (Only paytm, upi and some egyftr which I don't understand

Try to buy amazon gift cards from intermiles app . You will 5% discount on Amazon Gift Cards using intermiles and pay with cashback card you will get another 5%.
Complete surveys to earn intermiles on app. I'm using this trick from last 2 years and now it yours turn guys to extract some value from this app which everyone thinks as useless.

Try to buy amazon gift cards from intermiles app . You will 5% discount on Amazon Gift Cards using intermiles and pay with cashback card you will get another 5%.
Complete surveys to earn intermiles on app. I'm using this trick from last 2 years and now it yours turn guys to extract some value from this app which everyone thinks as useless.
never new this intermiles app, do they issue gc instantly?

Just get it from magicpin/park+/tata neu
i bought few amazon pay gift cards from tata neu. Those transactions are still showing in progress in SBI app so yet they didn't release cashback for the same. All transactions just after those tata neu are cleared and cb given but just tata neu taking some time. Is it normal? I hope they haven't stopped 5 percent cashback on tata neu

Back