• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cashback outstanding amount pay before bill generation.

alwayswin69

TF Select
Hi, I have utilized 52% of my credit limit and wanted to pre pay some amount to keep my utilization under 30%.
But when i'm trying to pay it using hdfc billpay, sbi unipay or jiofinance app, it gives an error as soon as i put my last 4 digit of cc and phone number that "Something went wrong"
Any idea how do i prepay some amount and get 1% cashback aswell since I have hdfc easy shop platinum dc.
Please help!

Solution
Hi, I have utilized 52% of my credit limit and wanted to pre pay some amount to keep my utilization under 30%.
But when i'm trying to pay it using hdfc billpay, sbi unipay or jiofinance app, it gives an error as soon as i put my last 4 digit of cc and phone number that "Something went wrong"
Any idea how do i prepay some amount and get 1% cashback aswell since I have hdfc easy shop platinum dc.
Please help!

As far as pre payment is concerned :
If your importance is Rewards on CC pyament , you need to wait and pay the amount after bill is generated. However,
if your importance is about getting % utilization below 30% or whatever you wanted it to be, then pay in the SBI Cards app / or CRED right now ,if it is allowing you..

For...
Please help!
Its your 1st bill?

Please help!
Pay from sbi card app or by NEFT

Please help!
firstly you don't need to worry about the amount due on bill generation date...
SBI reports the due amount 3 days after your due date... so even if you have used 90% and paid in full before due date then no hit CIBIL.....
SBI is the only weird bank who works like this

Please help!
you cant pay from BBPS

Please help!

If your importance is Rewards on CC pyament , you need to wait and pay the amount after bill is generated. However,
if your importance is about getting % utilization below 30% or whatever you wanted it to be, then pay in the SBI Cards app / or CRED right now ,if it is allowing you..

For more details about how CIBIL works

See here..

Enjoy..

Solution
firstly you don't need to worry about the amount due on bill generation date...
SBI reports the due amount 3 days after your due date... so even if you have used 90% and paid in full before due date then no hit CIBIL.....
SBI is the only weird bank who works like this
I'm confused. I've heard they report on the bill generation date
1723054619335.png

If your importance is Rewards on CC pyament , you ned to wait and pay the amount after bill is generated. However,
if your improtance is about getting % utilization below 30% or whatever you want it to be, then pay in the SBI Cards app / or CRED if it is allowing you..

For more details about how CIBIL works

See here..

Enjoy..

thanks for the post! , guess i'll take a chance and wait until bill generation

so no need to worry as long as I pay within those 3 days after bill generation?
I will give you an example:

your CL : 3L
your bill date : Aug 1
your balance as on Aug 1 : 2L

due date: Aug 19:
balance as on aug 19 : 0

For this month, the CIBIL report for this account will look like:

CL: 3L
current balance: 2L
Reported date: Aug 22...

utilization will be: 66.67%

Back