• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cashback outstanding amount pay before bill generation.

alwayswin69

TF Select
Hi, I have utilized 52% of my credit limit and wanted to pre pay some amount to keep my utilization under 30%.
But when i'm trying to pay it using hdfc billpay, sbi unipay or jiofinance app, it gives an error as soon as i put my last 4 digit of cc and phone number that "Something went wrong"
Any idea how do i prepay some amount and get 1% cashback aswell since I have hdfc easy shop platinum dc.
Please help!

Solution
Hi, I have utilized 52% of my credit limit and wanted to pre pay some amount to keep my utilization under 30%.
But when i'm trying to pay it using hdfc billpay, sbi unipay or jiofinance app, it gives an error as soon as i put my last 4 digit of cc and phone number that "Something went wrong"
Any idea how do i prepay some amount and get 1% cashback aswell since I have hdfc easy shop platinum dc.
Please help!

As far as pre payment is concerned :
If your importance is Rewards on CC pyament , you need to wait and pay the amount after bill is generated. However,
if your importance is about getting % utilization below 30% or whatever you wanted it to be, then pay in the SBI Cards app / or CRED right now ,if it is allowing you..

For...
okkk.... I correct myself...
The amount reported is the balance on bill generation date but the amount will be reported 2 days after the due date....
just checked from my report and data itself....
thanks for the confirmation ..

Same has happened with me got a new hdfc card after network change from master to visa and spent 100k+on payzapp wallet load and wanted to reduce utilisation so paid some using cread.
I am loosing about 300 due to pre payment
but i am going to wait for bill generation and pay the remaining 75k

Same has happened with me got a new hdfc card after network change from master to visa and spent 100k+on payzapp wallet load and wanted to reduce utilisation so paid some using cread.
I am loosing about 300 due to pre payment
but i am going to wait for bill generation and pay the remaining 75k
One must not worry too much, just take it with a pinch of SALT and utilize cards as they should be. Just a simple example: No Bank will decline CC to a person if their CIBIL is 795 and not 805 or 785 and not 790 as they have some outstanding.

Although I will still recommend to keep overall utilization under 10% that induces responsible Credit Management and same is taken as Plus by Credit Agencies !!

Back