• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi prime card

Saheer

TF Buzz
Hi all... I recently received a sbi prime credit card. Can you guys help me with the tips and tricks of this card. Thanks in advance.

Placing my request for SBI Prime credit card account closure. Used it for 4 years.

I am extremely disappointed with the SBI Prime Credit Card for not reporting my payments to Cibil, which has resulted in my credit score declining. Despite making timely payments on my credit card, my credit score has decreased significantly, and I was shocked to find out that this was because SBI Prime Credit Card was not reporting my payments to Cibil.

In terms of credit reporting, it's generally expected that credit card issuers report credit card payments to credit bureaus, including Cibil in India. However, it's possible that there could be errors or delays in reporting, but Team SBI is not doing anything to repair the errors despite of many requests in last 3 months.

The customer service of SBI Prime Credit Card has been unresponsive and unhelpful in resolving this issue. Despite repeated attempts to contact them, I have not received any satisfactory response. This has not only caused me financial stress but also mental stress, as my credit score is crucial for my financial wellbeing and future credit applications.

Apart from this issue, I have also experienced other problems with SBI Prime Credit Card, including poor rewards programs and no upgrades. The annual fee of the card is high, and the rewards program is not as lucrative as advertised. I have been using this credit card for a last 4 years now, but the lack of transparency and poor customer service has made me regret my decision.

Overall, I would not recommend the SBI Prime Credit Card to anyone, as it has caused me significant financial and mental stress. I believe there are better credit card options available in the market that offer better transparency and customer service.

Last edited:
Placing my request for SBI Prime credit card account closure. Used it for 4 years.

I am extremely disappointed with the SBI Prime Credit Card for not reporting my payments to Cibil, which has resulted in my credit score declining. Despite making timely payments on my credit card, my credit score has decreased significantly, and I was shocked to find out that this was because SBI Prime Credit Card was not reporting my payments to Cibil.

In terms of credit reporting, it's generally expected that credit card issuers report credit card payments to credit bureaus, including Cibil in India. However, it's possible that there could be errors or delays in reporting, but Team SBI is not doing anything to repair the errors despite of many requests in last 3 months.

The customer service of SBI Prime Credit Card has been unresponsive and unhelpful in resolving this issue. Despite repeated attempts to contact them, I have not received any satisfactory response. This has not only caused me financial stress but also mental stress, as my credit score is crucial for my financial wellbeing and future credit applications.

Apart from this issue, I have also experienced other problems with SBI Prime Credit Card, including poor rewards programs and no upgrades. The annual fee of the card is high, and the rewards program is not as lucrative as advertised. I have been using this credit card for a last 4 years now, but the lack of transparency and poor customer service has made me regret my decision.

Overall, I would not recommend the SBI Prime Credit Card to anyone, as it has caused me significant financial and mental stress. I believe there are better credit card options available in the market that offer better transparency and customer service.
y ur cibil dropped ? no connection between nonreporting and cibil drop

y ur cibil dropped ? no connection between nonreporting and cibil drop
I thinks there is a direct connection between nonreporting of credit card payments by the credit card issuer to credit bureaus like CIBIL and a drop in CIBIL score.

Credit bureaus like CIBIL collect data from various financial institutions including credit card issuers, banks, and other lending institutions. This data is used to calculate credit scores, which are numerical representations of an individual's creditworthiness. One of the key factors that affect credit scores is the payment history, including timely payment of credit card bills.

If a credit card issuer fails to report credit card payments to credit bureaus, the credit history and utilisation ratio of the individual will not be updated, and this may lead to the individual's credit score being negatively impacted. This could result in a drop in the CIBIL score, making it more difficult for the individual to obtain loans or credit in the future.

It's important to note that it's the responsibility of credit card issuers to report credit card payments to credit bureaus.

I am too SBI Prime user and I think this card need to compared with SBI Elite only if need to be thinking about SBI cards.
I am using SBI Cards since long time. Never ever faced a single Cibil reporting issue. Though as part of Cashback card application they reported wrong home address to CKYC registry.

Good things about this Card:
1) It offers same reward points as on Elite card for Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores and Movies that is 10 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent.
2) Quarterly milestone is easy to achieve that is spend 50k in quarter and get 1000/- Pizza hut vouchers which you can redeem offline only. If you are Pizza Hut lover its good benefit though I am not fan of PHD.
3) You can redeem reward points in multiples of 2000 against statement outstanding and it will cost 99+gst for redemption.
4) Birthday shopping benefit of 20 reward points per 100 spend

Not good things about this card:
1) No extra reward points for milestone achievement like for Elite card.
2) This card is not offered as LTF even after using it for more than 1-2 years

Hi all... I recently received a sbi prime credit card. Can you guys help me with the tips and tricks of this card. Thanks in advance.
I had really pleasant experience using SBI Prime.

Make sure you spend 50,000 quarter & receive 1000 rs pizza Hut voucher.

Also on spend of 5L, Pantaloons 7k vouchers is also good.

On spending 5L:

1. 4*1000 = 4000 Rs Pizza hut voucher.

2. 7000 Rs pantaloons voucher.

3. 10000 Reward points= 2000 rs cash against statement.

4. Fees waiver for next year.

It's best among all SBI cards.

I thinks there is a direct connection between nonreporting of credit card payments by the credit card issuer to credit bureaus like CIBIL and a drop in CIBIL score.

Credit bureaus like CIBIL collect data from various financial institutions including credit card issuers, banks, and other lending institutions. This data is used to calculate credit scores, which are numerical representations of an individual's creditworthiness. One of the key factors that affect credit scores is the payment history, including timely payment of credit card bills.

If a credit card issuer fails to report credit card payments to credit bureaus, the credit history and utilisation ratio of the individual will not be updated, and this may lead to the individual's credit score being negatively impacted. This could result in a drop in the CIBIL score, making it more difficult for the individual to obtain loans or credit in the future.

It's important to note that it's the responsibility of credit card issuers to report credit card payments to credit bureaus.
nonreporting is different

my bob cc reported after 8months, my cibil is 776

cibil will drop due to latepayment or non payments of dues but not due to nonreporting

nonreporting is different

my bob cc reported after 8months, my cibil is 776

cibil will drop due to latepayment or non payments of dues but not due to nonreporting
My credit history is of 10 years and zero late payments. Non-reporting payments will increase utilisation ratio, resulting in Cibil score drop. My Cibil drop from 797 to 777.

Hi guys, i have a prime card for the past 2 years...was able to spend 3L for the last 2 years and get the annual fee waived off...but this year i have not spent that much and would like to downgrade to some other card .

I have no preference like reward points , fuel waiver etc...just need a basic card to keep the relationship and credit history going ..

Please suggest . Thanks .

To avoid fees in the 11th month, cancel the card through the SBI app and inform the agent of the reason. They will gladly downgrade it to the SimplyClick or another core SBI card. However, I recommend trying to convert the existing SBI Prime card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) card if possible
Hi guys, i have a prime card for the past 2 years...was able to spend 3L for the last 2 years and get the annual fee waived off...but this year i have not spent that much and would like to downgrade to some other card .

I have no preference like reward points , fuel waiver etc...just need a basic card to keep the relationship and credit history going ..

Please suggest . Thanks .

Back