• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi prime card

Saheer

TF Buzz
Hi all... I recently received a sbi prime credit card. Can you guys help me with the tips and tricks of this card. Thanks in advance.

To avoid fees in the 11th month, cancel the card through the SBI app and inform the agent of the reason. They will gladly downgrade it to the SimplyClick or another core SBI card. However, I recommend trying to convert the existing SBI Prime card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) card if possible
I am using Prime card since Nov 2020. Can I get LTF Prime card ? If yes then tell me how ?
I am also having upgrade to Elite Card but it needs 10L spend to next year free...

I am using Prime card since Nov 2020. Can I get LTF Prime card ? If yes then tell me how ?
I am also having upgrade to Elite Card but it needs 10L spend to next year free...
So from 2020 until now, you must have spent around 3 lakhs or more in 2 anniversary years at least. During your call with SBI, utilize this information and express that the current card is not worth the fees. Request them to either convert the card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) version if that not work or downgrade it to a different entry-level card. Use your negotiation skills to make your case. If they don't agree initially, try asking for some vouchers or benefits in exchange for the fees you're paying. Make an effort to retain the card. If they still don't budge, you can threaten to cancel the card via the SBI app. SBI will likely call you and inquire about your intention. Their negotiation will be based on your spending pattern and whether it is valuable to them. If your spending is significant, they might retain you as a customer and potentially offer the card as LTF.

So from 2020 until now, you must have spent around 3 lakhs or more in 2 anniversary years at least. During your call with SBI, utilize this information and express that the current card is not worth the fees. Request them to either convert the card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) version if that not work or downgrade it to a different entry-level card. Use your negotiation skills to make your case. If they don't agree initially, try asking for some vouchers or benefits in exchange for the fees you're paying. Make an effort to retain the card. If they still don't budge, you can threaten to cancel the card via the SBI app. SBI will likely call you and inquire about your intention. Their negotiation will be based on your spending pattern and whether it is valuable to them. If your spending is significant, they might retain you as a customer and potentially offer the card as LTF.
First year I have spent more then 5 Lac and got all benifit then SBI customer care called me more then 3 months to upgrade Elite card and I rejected. This year my spend is around 1.75 Lac till date and till Nov. 2023 I am not willing to spent for 3 Lac limit as card benifit are very low. Can you suggest best entry level card from SBI if they reject to LTF.

best entry level card from SBI - that sbi cashback card but they might/won't offer this card. so you can apply via sprint from below link is for sbi sprint, not my referral link or anything though.
First year I have spent more then 5 Lac and got all benifit then SBI customer care called me more then 3 months to upgrade Elite card and I rejected. This year my spend is around 1.75 Lac till date and till Nov. 2023 I am not willing to spent for 3 Lac limit as card benifit are very low. Can you suggest best entry level card from SBI if they reject to LTF.

best entry level card from SBI - that sbi cashback card but they might/won't offer this card. so you can apply via sprint from below link is for sbi sprint, not my referral link or anything though.
I don't want to loose my credit limit of 2.6 Lac on Prime that's why thinking for downgrade. I hope SBI give any offer to new card apart form upgrade. So I can get same limit

I don't want to loose my credit limit of 2.6 Lac on Prime that's why thinking for downgrade. I hope SBI give any offer to new card apart form upgrade. So I can get same limit
I don't want to loose my credit limit of 2.6 Lac on Prime - see you can downgrade but when you asked sbi best cc, i said sbi cb, now for LTF card of sbi if approve ask for sbisimplyclick or sbi simplysave. they will happy give you either one of those as LTF. if you into travel try for SBI Vistara Prime with annual fees of 3k no fees reversal though but if into you ask for FYF. everything is possible just need conviction and patience. Good luck and do let you know the outcome.

I don't want to loose my credit limit of 2.6 Lac on Prime - see you can downgrade but when you asked sbi best cc, i said sbi cb, now for LTF card of sbi if approve ask for sbisimplyclick or sbi simplysave. they will happy give you either one of those as LTF.
I will try in first week of Oct 2023 as the annual fee is due in Nov 2023.
Thanx for info

do set a reminder for these it will help and do it 1 month prior like if renewal date for example is 5th Nov so call on 3rd October of previous month it doesn't matter even you call 10 days before renewal but it help in negotiation to a extend.
I will try in first week of Oct 2023 as the annual fee is due in Nov 2023.
Thanx for info

do set a reminder for these it will help and do it 1 month prior like if renewal date for example is 5th Nov so call on 3rd October of previous month it doesn't matter even you call 10 days before renewal but it help in negotiation to a extend.
Sure, I will do the same just after complete 50K milestone for pizza hut voucher of current quarter.

I had really pleasant experience using SBI Prime.

Make sure you spend 50,000 quarter & receive 1000 rs pizza Hut voucher.

Also on spend of 5L, Pantaloons 7k vouchers is also good.

On spending 5L:

1. 4*1000 = 4000 Rs Pizza hut voucher.

2. 7000 Rs pantaloons voucher.

3. 10000 Reward points= 2000 rs cash against statement.

4. Fees waiver for next year.

It's best among all SBI cards.
I have been doing all the points you mentioned above; this is the best overall card. In addition to that, this card also gives you premium airport lounge access. (Not the ordinary airport lounges)
Do you know what the rewards are for using utility bills using bill pay?
How do you redeem the rewards against the statement?

I have been doing all the points you mentioned above; this is the best overall card. In addition to that, this card also gives you premium airport lounge access. (Not the ordinary airport lounges)
Do you know what the rewards are for using utility bills using bill pay?
How do you redeem the rewards against the statement?
I haven't used SBI App for utility bill payments. So can't say.
Call customer support, they will redeem it. 2000 Reward points = 500 Rs.

99+gst per redemption is applicable. So redeem when you cave collected max reward points.

Back