• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBi Vistara Prime Rejected due to weird reason

card_enthusiast

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for SBI Vistara Prime Card 2 month back and got rejected and nearly 8 month back applied for SBI Cashback Card which too got rejected... Raised various complaint at different level but not got exact reason for denial. So, Then I raised the complaint at RBI ombudsman and around after 2 week I got the following replay
"Basis of SBI Card’s submission It is observed that the details and other information provided by the applicant/complainant for application number 2620813XXXXXX for Club Vistara card and 2601913XXXXXX for cash back card does not match with the policy set forth by the SBI Card (i.e. as applicant’s debt is higher than income and seems to be an overleveraged customer) hence said applications have been declined by the Regulated Entity. Since the card account is an unsecured loan, it is up to the regulatory body to issue the card as per their guidelines."

Yeah I have a multiple credit cards with very gud credit limits and If a sum up all the credit limit it would be double of my annual salary.. But did this reason is sufficient for SBI to reject my application when I am already holding there BPCL card with 3.13lac limit , even I propose them to split the limit or even told them to swap the card but they are not agreeing for anything. They told we can swap it with SBI prime but not with Vistara prime
So, Do Higher Credit limit on cards are not always good... ??

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Recently I applied for SBI Vistara card through Delhi Airport Kiosk and card was rejected due to a weird reason - "Over-Leveraged" CIBIL.
I have decent Cibil score above 795 & over 20 Credit cards from various banks, including a few super premium cards with highest limit arnd 9 L and SBI Cashback card .

Has anyone ever faced such problem with SBI Credit cards before? Any what shall i do to get the card now??
yes i have faced this with AURUM
will close some shit credit cards and try after sometime

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recently I applied for SBI Vistara card through Delhi Airport Kiosk and card was rejected due to a weird reason - "Over-Leveraged" CIBIL.
I have decent Cibil score above 795 & over 20 Credit cards from various banks, including a few super premium cards with highest limit arnd 9 L and SBI Cashback card .

Has anyone ever faced such problem with SBI Credit cards before? Any what shall i do to get the card now??
I don't know but If you have someone in contact from SBI and you already hold SBI Credit card. You can ask them to help you split the existing SBI card limit with Vistata.
Aurum RM has advised me to do this if the card is declined in this way. for me, she was there but for you, I'm not sure.

Cryptopsycho

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I don't know but If you have someone in contact from SBI and you already hold SBI Credit card. You can ask them to help you split the existing SBI card limit with Vistata.
Aurum RM has advised me to do this if the card is declined in this way. for me, she was there but for you, I'm not sure.
Nice suggestion for split limit... But i have no contact in SBI... and we all know how efficient their customer care is..... :)

kshtgarg21

TF Buzz
I am already holding SBI cashback since past one year with approx 2l limit.
And holding 4-5 more cards from other bank.

I recently applied for SBI Vistara Card via sprint and they declined stating internal policies.
no payments missed, cili above 790

Did anyone of you had similar experience?
Or can someone SM me any good SBI card agent.

telescope

TF Ace
Same happened with me.

But what's the need to open a fresh thread just to put your rejection story?

I understand that you are newbie to this forum. Please use search function and post this kind of posts in existing thread. You can be assured that you'll get sufficient reply.

ankfin

TF Neo
Same thing happened with me when I applied for cashback card. But I contacted them on twitter and they called me and told me you are leveraged customer having more debt than income. Did not need to contact RBI to know the reason.

telescope

TF Ace
Same happened with me.

But what's the need to open a fresh thread just to put your rejection story?

I understand that you are newbie to this forum. Please use search function and post this kind of posts in existing thread. You can be assured that you'll get sufficient reply.
Applied for sbi vistara prime in October 2023. Application instantly rejected on sprint. After almost 4 months, today I have rejection letter over email and sms, citing "internal criteria".

kiranjain

TF Buzz
Did I made blunder????? I applied for sbi cashback card and when agent call for vkyc she said select card tho I said am ok with sbi vistara prime... Then got few more calls for verification and even received sms saying tentative limit 2.5-3L ......even had some esign documents with digilock and aadhaar card otp......Since it took more than 5 days so when I tracked application it says rejected now.... Reason pata chale tho rectify Karu....
What next????