• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Smart cashback redemption (minimum amount)

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
The SC Smart MITC clearly mentions that a minimum cashback of ₹1000 is needed for redemption and above ₹1000, the redemption can be done on increments of ₹500.

But, I opened the 360 rewards portal just now and there it says minimum ₹2500 cashback is needed for redemption. What's with the discrepancy? Has anyone else faced this?

SonyTom

TF Premier
That makes the card kinda useless. Need to spend 1.25L to be able to redeem it.

They should, at least, have the decency to update their MITC. Anyway, time to close it.
Anyway you need to spend 1.2L for annual fees waiver. So use it only for online transactions and take home the ₹2500 cashback (on spending 1.25L online)

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Anyway you need to spend 1.2L for annual fees waiver. So use it only for online transactions and take home the ₹2500 cashback (on spending 1.25L online)
Yes, I took this card specially for two insurance payments of ~50k I make every year. For that amount, this card has a better return than Neu Infinity, so I thought I'll load my amazon/Payzapp wallet for the remainder for annual fee waiver.

But even that isn't as useful cuz amazon charges 2.36% on wallet loads. So, Payzapp is the only somewhat useful wallet that isn't currently charging any fees. Although, even that has a caveat as you can't pay CC bills with the wallet balance.

Let's see if I can find a good use for Payzapp balance or else I'll close the card.

avikrish

TF Select
Yes, I took this card specially for two insurance payments of ~50k I make every year. For that amount, this card has a better return than Neu Infinity, so I thought I'll load my amazon/Payzapp wallet for the remainder for annual fee waiver.

But even that isn't as useful cuz amazon charges 2.36% on wallet loads. So, Payzapp is the only somewhat useful wallet that isn't currently charging any fees. Although, even that has a caveat as you can't pay CC bills with the wallet balance.

Let's see if I can find a good use for Payzapp balance or else I'll close the card.
What is validity of cash points in this 360 rewards portal?

SonyTom

TF Premier

Are you sure? This article says they expire every June 30.
@avikrish was asking about validity of cashback points. I have SC smart and I could not find any mention of cashback point expiry in the MITC or any other documentation related to SC Smart.
About reward points expiry, I don’t know. Maybe as you mentioned in the link from cardinsider