• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate devaluation

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Standard Chartered has also joined the recent trend of devaluing credit cards. Their most prized no frills card, Ultimate, will now face following restrictions effective 2nd April 2023:

1)​
Transactions on Utilities, Supermarkets, Insurance, Property Management, Schools & Government payments will now earn 3 reward points on every INR 150 spent.​
2)​
No reward points will be earned on Fuel transactions. However, you will now enjoy a surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel spends. Fuel surcharge waiver amount will be capped at INR 1000 per month.​

3) 1% processing fee (plus applicable taxes) for rental payments made using Standard Chartered credit cards.

Point number 3 will be applicable for all SC credit cards.

This puts an end to one of the best no frills card I have held so far.

Thank you for ur detailed and kind reply. Now I can finally say to those rep to f* off. They are like ur get 1 rp 1 rs value and lots of vouchers and all bla bla. Trying so much to convince.
There are lots of vouchers, just not generally useful ones, unless you fancy spending 10K+ at Allen Solly outlets, or at Jack and John and the like. It's just not an attractive proposition.

isn't SC smart a better option, where we get confirmed cashback rather than redeeming on vouchers that we rarely use. These vouchers can be bought with other cards on discount from Amazon or other portals.
Yes exactly
As long as Standard Chartered not having hotel or travel redemptions its of waste only
CB is better but its having cap right per month

I upgraded the card but have not activated; still have 15 days before it gets automatically canceled. In two minds, pls help me decide!

SCB was already my least used card with around 200/- transaction in 2 years to keep the card active and blindly accepted this upgrade without checking vouchers.

Edit: Can anyone please provide rewards catalogue link please

Last edited:
isn't SC smart a better option, where we get confirmed cashback rather than redeeming on vouchers that we rarely use. These vouchers can be bought with other cards on discount from Amazon or other portals.

no, it needs atleast 1.25L (or as fast as 2500 cashback collected) to get assured cashback. until then you can't redeem but see.

to reiterate not useful card.. card annual spend waiver only 1.2L. So, even if you spent that amount still can't redeem cashback.

Standard Chartered has also joined the recent trend of devaluing credit cards. Their most prized no frills card, Ultimate, will now face following restrictions effective 2nd April 2023:

1)​
Transactions on Utilities, Supermarkets, Insurance, Property Management, Schools & Government payments will now earn 3 reward points on every INR 150 spent.​
2)​
No reward points will be earned on Fuel transactions. However, you will now enjoy a surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel spends. Fuel surcharge waiver amount will be capped at INR 1000 per month.​

3) 1% processing fee (plus applicable taxes) for rental payments made using Standard Chartered credit cards.

Point number 3 will be applicable for all SC credit cards.

This puts an end to one of the best no frills card I have held so far.
so which stanc card to apply for now?

Back