• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice on the Best Credit Card for Reward Points and Miles

csawai

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I'm delving deeper into the world of credit cards, aiming to identify the most rewarding option for my spending habits. Given the plethora of choices out there, I thought I'd seek the collective wisdom of this community.

Here's a brief overview of my criteria and spending patterns:

1. Primary Uses: While I don't travel frequently, I'm looking to accumulate airline miles for when I do. Most of my expenditures revolve around dining, online shopping, and utilities. My yearly spend is around 8-10 lacs
  2. Current Card: I presently own the SBI Elite card, which offers excellent rewards but doesn't focus much on miles.
  3. Annual Fee: I'm not opposed to paying an annual fee, provided the benefits outweigh the costs. To give you an idea, I've been eyeing the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition which charges an annual fee of Rs. 12,500 but compensates with 12,500 reward points upon card activation. Ideally, I'm looking for a card with a similar or lower annual fee.
  4. Reward Structure: A card offering a substantial conversion rate for reward points to air miles would be excellent. Additionally, I'd appreciate good value for online shopping and dining rewards. The HDFC Infinia, for example, grants 5 Reward Points for every Rs.150 retail spend with a redemption rate of 1RP = 1 airmile.
  5. Other Cards Considered: Apart from HDFC Infinia, I've also been researching various Amex cards, although I'm still on the fence about them.
Considering the above, could anyone steer me towards a card that aligns with my requirements? Additionally, if you've had experiences with the HDFC Infinia, any Amex card, or other cards that offer great mile benefits, I'd love to hear your insights.

A huge thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions!

Of course Infinia is best but if it is not available and If you have spends arnd 8-10 and want miles benefit then you can consider Vistara co branded credit cards like Axis vistara or idfc first vistara cards or else For axis edgemiles Axis atlas card is also good. I don’t have any depth information on Amex cards but there are some good cards compared to vistara and atlas but if they are hard to get this are the options that I can suggest.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I'm delving deeper into the world of credit cards, aiming to identify the most rewarding option for my spending habits. Given the plethora of choices out there, I thought I'd seek the collective wisdom of this community.

1. Primary Uses: While I don't travel frequently, I'm looking to accumulate airline miles for when I do. Most of my expenditures revolve around dining, online shopping, and utilities. My yearly spend is around 8-10 lacs
  2. Current Card: I presently own the SBI Elite card, which offers excellent rewards but doesn't focus much on miles.
  3. Annual Fee: I'm not opposed to paying an annual fee, provided the benefits outweigh the costs. To give you an idea, I've been eyeing the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition which charges an annual fee of Rs. 12,500 but compensates with 12,500 reward points upon card activation. Ideally, I'm looking for a card with a similar or lower annual fee.
  4. Reward Structure: A card offering a substantial conversion rate for reward points to air miles would be excellent. Additionally, I'd appreciate good value for online shopping and dining rewards. The HDFC Infinia, for example, grants 5 Reward Points for every Rs.150 retail spend with a redemption rate of 1RP = 1 airmile.
  5. Other Cards Considered: Apart from HDFC Infinia, I've also been researching various Amex cards, although I'm still on the fence about them.
Considering the above, could anyone steer me towards a card that aligns with my requirements? Additionally, if you've had experiences with the HDFC Infinia, any Amex card, or other cards that offer great mile benefits, I'd love to hear your insights.

Take 2-3 cards. Don't depend on one card only. I made this mistake by sticking to Citi Prestige for 5 years.

Axis Vistara - Spend 5 lacs and get 2 business class tickets plus Vistara points. 1 Business class ticket on joining and renewal. You can get 4 business class tickets in a year. Joining fees 10000 and annual fees 10000. You get 10000 points on spending 1 lacs in 90 days of card issuance

Amex Travel - Spend 4 lacs in a year and get 50000 points. Plus Taj Voucher worth Rs. 10000. You can get 3-4 free Mariott nights. Joining fees 3500 and annual fees 5000. You get 10000 points on joining. 1 point is 0.5 Airmiles miles or 1:1 for Mariott

Keep HDFC card with you. You may get upgraded to Infinia. It's most difficult card to get.

Last edited:

Akash777

TF Select
Hello everyone,

Amex Plat Travel and Axis Atlas are the best cards for airmiles.