• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Strategies to Maximize Rewards on Credit Card Bill Payments

rounakbhowmik

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone, I need advice on paying off my credit card bills. Here's my situation:

• HDFC Card: Around ₹1.3 lakh every month(Avg)
  • SBI Card: Under ₹8k
  • ICICI Card: Under ₹3k
What I've tried:

• Attempted to pay these bills using my HDFC Platinum Debit Card on the Cheq platform, hoping for cashback, but haven't received any.

My Debit Cards:

• 2 HDFC Platinum (Family)
  • 1 HDFC Millennia(Mine)

I'm on the lookout for methods or products that could help me earn more rewards or save money while paying off these bills.

Hi everyone, I need advice on paying off my credit card bills. Here's my situation:

• HDFC Card: Around ₹1.3 lakh every month(Avg)
  • SBI Card: Under ₹8k
  • ICICI Card: Under ₹3k
What I've tried:

• Attempted to pay these bills using my HDFC Platinum Debit Card on the Cheq platform, hoping for cashback, but haven't received any.

My Debit Cards:

• 2 HDFC Platinum (Family)
  • 1 HDFC Millennia(Mine)

I'm on the lookout for methods or products that could help me earn more rewards or save money while paying off these bills.
For SBI and ICICI pay via HDFC platinum - using HDFC Bill pay option. You will earn 1% cashback (max 750 per month)
If possible have a savings account opened with IndusInd that gives signature debit card. You can get overall 0.93% cashback on your HDFC payment (cap 750). The indusind cashback structure is a bit complex - which you can find in other threads here. But considering your HDFC monthly spends you will get 0.93% cb.

For SBI and ICICI pay via HDFC platinum - using HDFC Bill pay option. You will earn 1% cashback (max 750 per month)
If possible have a savings account opened with IndusInd that gives signature debit card. You can get overall 0.93% cashback on your HDFC payment (cap 750). The indusind cashback structure is a bit complex - which you can find in other threads here. But considering your HDFC monthly spends you will get 0.93% cb.
Are you sure on this? I've read in several threads that even when people attempted to make payments using the net banking bill pay feature, they still did not receive any reward points.

Are you sure on this? I've read in several threads that even when people attempted to make payments using the net banking bill pay feature, they still did not receive any reward points.
I am receiving cashback every month using this method. (Have preferred savings account with HDFC.)

I also recieved the reward points using HDFC BILLPAY

Yes, this works!!

Honestly, the Indusind Exclusive account with Indusind Visa Signature card will be the best option. Since you can simply use PayTm which will credit the bill in seconds and not have to waste time and energy with the other shitty services. And since your spends are near 1lakh you will get 0.93%.

Honestly, the Indusind Exclusive account with Indusind Visa Signature card will be the best option. Since you can simply use PayTm which will credit the bill in seconds and not have to waste time and energy with the other shitty services. And since your spends are near 1lakh you will get 0.93%.
Is there any difference with the debit cards we get with select account vs exclusive account ?

I would suggest to get RBL visa Signature plus debit card

You could probably get 1% upto 1000 monthly from your hdfc bills
RBL Signature+ debit card devaluation. Not sure of we receive points on CC bill repayment now.

Received below email from RBL
International transactions and/or transactions carried out on the Merchant Category Codes (MCC) listed below
will be excluded from availing Monthly and Annual vouchers and will also not be considered for availing the
benefits of the waiver of Annual Fee.

6012 Financial Institutions – Merchandise, Services, and Debt Repayment
6051 Non-Financial Institutions – Foreign Currency, effective through 19
January 2024, Non-Fiat Currency and effective from 20
January 2024 Liquid and Cryptocurrency Assets (for example:
Cryptocurrency), Money Orders (Not Money Transfer),
Account Funding (not Stored Value Load), Travelers Cheques, and Debt
Repayment
6540 Non-Financial Institutions – Stored Value Card Purchase/Load
6211 Security Brokers/Dealers

Attachments

Officially on their Platinum Debit card page, they have clearly mentioned that Reward points on Credit card bill payments with immediate effect. Any alternatives please tell me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240811_091151.jpg
    IMG_20240811_091151.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 9
Back