• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Suggestions for Monthly SIP of ₹7000 at Age 25

rohit_

TF Premier
Hello,
I am 25 years old and planning to start a monthly SIP of ₹7000. I have chosen the following allocation and would appreciate your suggestions on whether this is a good strategy or if any changes are needed:

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund: 2,500 INR (35.71%)
Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund: 1,750 INR (25%)
Quant Small Cap Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
UTI Nifty Index Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
SBI Contra Fund: 750 INR (10.71%)

Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions!
Thank you!

Hello,
I am 25 years old and planning to start a monthly SIP of ₹7000. I have chosen the following allocation and would appreciate your suggestions on whether this is a good strategy or if any changes are needed:

Thank you!
But seems not so .... good

... flexi, Midcap, smallcap, nifty, contra are not so diversed in reality ... not everything about returns.

Reduce flexi to 15
Reduce Mid Cap to 10
Nifty to 10
Contra to 5

Also, 5% on physical or digital gold, on emergency best for collateral loan.

Also, 3% on debt funds ....
Aldo, 3% on Nasdaq funds ...

Think about the funds, I referred ...

1721576183672.webp

1721577096204.webp

1721577538550.webp

1721578122864.webp

... flexi, Midcap, smallcap, nifty, contra are not so diversed in reality ... not everything about returns.

Reduce flexi to 15
Reduce Mid Cap to 10
Nifty to 10
Contra to 5

View attachment 61969

View attachment 61973

View attachment 61974

View attachment 61975
Which app is this?

Uti Nifty 500 value - 12.5%
BOB manufac. & infra - 12.5%
Small Cap - 10%
Icici prudential commodities - 10%
Franklin technology- 10%
Icici p.h.d - 10%
Hdfc defence - 10%
Nifty 50 Index - 6%
Banknifty index - 6%
Nasdaq 100 - 5%
Debt - 3%
Digital Gold - 5%

*** Mine

Last edited:

Reduce flexi to 15
Reduce Mid Cap to 10
Nifty to 10
Contra to 5

View attachment 61969

View attachment 61973

View attachment 61974

View attachment 61975
Okay, Thanks 🙏

Hello,

Thank you!
What strategy one should take completely depends on what one's goals are as well as the risk taking appetite. You should decide what your goals are for the next 5, 10, 15 years. Also think about how much risk you are willing to take (considering age, income streams, keeping the basics such as emergency fund and insurance in place).
Once you have decided this, then think about the funds which will be able to fulfill your goals while adhering to the risk appetite.
One Tip: Try to avoid sector funds as a beginner unless you are 100% sure about your research.

I would suggest investing in Nifty50 directly rather than any of these funds.

Makes no sense to diversify so much with just 7K investment.
I agree. For an sip with 7k, either go with the index fund or pick any 2 funds and put 3.5k each. Also keep in mind that we've been on a bull run for some time now, so don't get disheartened if a correction happens, and you see your portfolio in red. Just stick with it. 💪

I agree. For an sip with 7k, either go with the index fund or pick any 2 funds and put 3.5k each. Also keep in mind that we've been on a bull run for some time now, so don't get disheartened if a correction happens, and you see your portfolio in red. Just stick with it. 💪
Okay, Thanks 🙏

What strategy one should take completely depends on what one's goals are as well as the risk taking appetite. You should decide what your goals are for the next 5, 10, 15 years. Also think about how much risk you are willing to take (considering age, income streams, keeping the basics such as emergency fund and insurance in place).
Once you have decided this, then think about the funds which will be able to fulfill your goals while adhering to the risk appetite.
One Tip: Try to avoid sector funds as a beginner unless you are 100% sure about your research.
Okay, Thanks 🙏

Uti Nifty 500 value - 12.5%
BOB manufac. & infra - 12.5%
Small Cap - 10%
Icici prudential commodities - 10%
Franklin technology- 10%
Icici p.h.d - 10%
Hdfc defence - 10%
Nifty 50 Index - 6%
Banknifty index - 6%
Nasdaq 100 - 5%
Debt - 3%
Digital Gold - 5%

*** Mine
Commodity , Manufacturing & Infrastructure , nifty 500 value looks good

Hello,

Thank you!
Really fascinated by the current generation young people investing at the age of 25. Power of Digital India and options to invest. Good you have started at 25 you can accumulate more in the later stage of life. As you have got multiple suggestions by now, I just suggest you to Step up your SIP every year and maintain investing through out. All the best.

Really fascinated by the current generation young people investing at the age of 25. Power of Digital India and options to invest. Good you have started at 25 you can accumulate more in the later stage of life. As you have got multiple suggestions by now, I just suggest you to Step up your SIP every year and maintain investing through out. All the best.
Okay, Thanks 🙏

But for me, I think that I wasted 7 years (from age 18). 😔

Reactions: BVC
hein!
I started my investing journey when I was 23, and now I am 29 but I was a noob back then.
The only good thing that happened in current times is the power of the communities i.e Twitter, TF etc.
Back then we didn't have many resources.

@rohit_ Good that you have stepped your feet in the investing journey.

I can't suggest any MF but I can provide you with resources to learn and gather knowledge to create a strategy on your own instead.

If you understand the world of MF then it's fine.

Back