• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Suggestions for Monthly SIP of ₹7000 at Age 25

3.5k in midcap, 3.5k in small cap, increase SIP by same amount as the hike you get each year, post 30 rebalance your portfolio to 35% index etf, 30% midcap, 20% small cap, 10% microcap and 5% gold. rebalance again post 40 :D

Congratulations on the start of journey. As much as early start is important, staying discipline is even more.
However, for 7K you have selected too many funds. Start with Flexi cap & Index Fund, and later when you are ready to invest more; add diversity to it.
At one point of time I had almost 20 funds, now its just 5-6. So add more in lesser fund for better growth.
okay bro, thanks 🙏
There would always be if & but. You could have started at 18/20/22/25. Don't fret much on that. I started investing at 27. If I look back now, i dont see that I should have started at say 22or25, but rather I see that I should probably have saved a bit more; may be that 2-3k extra. Then there is no end to it.
yes right 😊

3.5k in midcap, 3.5k in small cap, increase SIP by same amount as the hike you get each year, post 30 rebalance your portfolio to 35% index etf, 30% midcap, 20% small cap, 10% microcap and 5% gold. rebalance again post 40 :D
okay, thanks 🙏🏻

SBI MF SIP was scheduled on 18th but never got deducted. I had complained SBI Mutual Fund about the issue & got a mail today that the error was from the bank side. Any solution?

SBI MF SIP was scheduled on 18th but never got deducted. I had complained SBI Mutual Fund about the issue & got a mail today that the error was from the bank side. Any solution?
Last month hua tha mere saath. 18th ka expected date tha. It got settled on 21st. 2-3 din ke liye maine bhi effort nhi maara.

Hello,
I am 25 years old and planning to start a monthly SIP of ₹7000. I have chosen the following allocation and would appreciate your suggestions on whether this is a good strategy or if any changes are needed:

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund: 2,500 INR (35.71%)
Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund: 1,750 INR (25%)
Quant Small Cap Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
UTI Nifty Index Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
SBI Contra Fund: 750 INR (10.71%)

Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions!
Thank you!
7k me itna diversify kyu karna. 1-2 MF se start karo. Jaise jaise salry aur risk appetite bade us hisab se gradually SIP amount aur new funds me invest karo. Jisme invest kar rhe ho unka allocation, past performance aur fund manager ke baaki funds ki performance bhi acche se analyse karo. Max 7-8 funds se upar mat jaana.

7k me itna diversify kyu karna. 1-2 MF se start karo. Jaise jaise salry aur risk appetite bade us hisab se gradually SIP amount aur new funds me invest karo. Jisme invest kar rhe ho unka allocation, past performance aur fund manager ke baaki funds ki performance bhi acche se analyse karo. Max 7-8 funds se upar mat jaana.
Mere bhai Nifty Bees aur MID150Bees me invest karo. They both have adequate liquidity & AUM. As & when salary permits, increase your amount and diversify in small cap funds also with time.

Hello,
I am 25 years old and planning to start a monthly SIP of ₹7000. I have chosen the following allocation and would appreciate your suggestions on whether this is a good strategy or if any changes are needed:

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund: 2,500 INR (35.71%)
Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund: 1,750 INR (25%)
Quant Small Cap Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
UTI Nifty Index Fund: 1,000 INR (14.29%)
SBI Contra Fund: 750 INR (10.71%)

Looking forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions!
Thank you!
I usually wouldn't suggest mutual funds to a stranger over internet but your selection seems very convoluted to me. I would suggest you simplify your strategy so that you do not have to wildly re-balance your portfolio later. In the meantime as others have suggested you would learn from others and your investment. Then you can make the best decision for yourself.

For mutual funds reasearch simply install valueresearch app and you will get answers to all your queries within their existing articles.

My suggestion for starters is simply start with a Nifty 50 or equal weight Nifty 50 Index fund. If you still want to invest some portion beyond large cap. I would suggest go with something like Zerodha Nifty Large Midcap 250 Index fund.

In any case, best of luck on your investment journey.

Okay, Thanks 🙏🏻

I usually wouldn't suggest mutual funds to a stranger over internet but your selection seems very convoluted to me. I would suggest you simplify your strategy so that you do not have to wildly re-balance your portfolio later. In the meantime as others have suggested you would learn from others and your investment. Then you can make the best decision for yourself.

For mutual funds reasearch simply install valueresearch app and you will get answers to all your queries within their existing articles.

My suggestion for starters is simply start with a Nifty 50 or equal weight Nifty 50 Index fund. If you still want to invest some portion beyond large cap. I would suggest go with something like Zerodha Nifty Large Midcap 250 Index fund.

In any case, best of luck on your investment journey.
Okay, Thanks 🙏

Back