• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sensex to touch 1 lakh by December 24 and 1.5 lakh by 2029. Good news for Index Mutual fund investors?

am11

TF Select
The latest trends show that sensex will touch 1 lakh milestone by December 2024 and may also reach 1.5 lakh milestone by 2029. That is with a CAGR of 15.9%. So a SIP of 10k per month may become approximately 30 Lakh in the next 10 years, 75 lakhs in the next 15 years.

So even if you have not started yet, or are still hesitant, it seems to be a good time to start your mutual fund investment journey via Sensex Index Funds or Nifty 50 Index Funds. What are your thoughts?

PS: This is not investment advise, just my thoughts 🙂.

:) Whenever such news start coming on mainstream platforms....it is a sureshot sign of an overheated market...honey trap for retail investors esp first time retail investors...

correction is on the horizon in next 1-6 months ...at least 10-15%...reason can be any random one...earnings..budget...some war threat...inflation, fed rate cut, no fed rate cut, delayed rate cut, high rate cut, low rate cut etc.

:) Whenever such news start coming on mainstream platforms....it is a sureshot sign of an overheated market...honey trap for retail investors esp first time retail investors...

correction is on the horizon in next 1-6 months ...at least 10-15%...reason can be any random one...earnings..budget...some war threat...inflation, fed rate cut, no fed rate cut, delayed rate cut, high rate cut, low rate cut etc.

Correction of the market should not be seen as a bad thing, should it?

Ideally if there is a correction, it would mean stocks can be bought at a much cheaper rate (mutual fund units in case of MFs). That would then mean better growth when the market recovers. And investment is not something which can give returns on a 1-6 month term, specially for mutual funds. Shouldn't it be looked at for the next 5-10 years at least? Thoughts?

The latest trends show that sensex will touch 1 lakh milestone by December 2024 and may also reach 1.5 lakh milestone by 2029. That is with a CAGR of 15.9%. So a SIP of 10k per month may become approximately 30 Lakh in the next 10 years, 75 lakhs in the next 15 years.

So even if you have not started yet, or are still hesitant, it seems to be a good time to start your mutual fund investment journey via Sensex Index Funds or Nifty 50 Index Funds. What are your thoughts?

When everyone talks about this , time to stay on the sidelines.. and keep our powder dry

Last edited:
Should we be stopping current SIPs?
I haven't looked in detail about how SIPs work in India..
but the idea is , not to invest heavily in the market right now.. try to be neutral and not to be too bearish and not to be fully bullish... dont be aggressive .. stay calm and be neutral for a while.. market is overheated as of now.. but it can be illogical for sometime..

Last edited:
I haven't looked in details abut how SIPs work in India..
but the idea is , not to invest heavily in the market right now.. try to be neutral and not to be too bearish and not to be fully bullish... dont be aggressive .. stay calm and be neutral for a while.. market is overheated as of now.. but it can be illogical for sometime..
Got it, so I will let the SIPs as is. Won't put more and won't sell as of now

WHns everyone talks about this , time to stay on the sidelines.. and keep our powder dry
Do you think it would matter in the long run, i.e. 5- 10 years. History shows a CAGR of over 15%. India is still a nation with a lot of growth potential. So will it really matter to SIP investors even if there are short term corrections?

Reactions: SSV
Do you think it would matter in the long run, i.e. 5- 10 years. History shows a CAGR of over 15%. India is still a nation with a lot of growth potential. So will it really matter to SIP investors even if there are short term corrections?
for really long term , no issues..
but if we are bit cautious and manage profolio carefully over a medium period of time we get maximum returns..
but if yo dont ahve time, then you can ignore all these and keep on investing rational amount slowly but steadily.. dont be aggressive is what I am saying here.

for really long term , no issues..
but if we are bit cautious and manage profolio carefully over a medium period of time we get maximum returns..
but if yo dont ahve time, then you can ignore all these and keep on investing rational amount slowly but steadily.. dont be aggressive is what I am saying here.
Totally agree with this.

Before investing in any stock. Learn about the company is it future proof. It's contribution in economy. And in case of penny stocks. Invest only that much amount which you are not afraid to loose.
Yes, penny stocks are definitely not for newbies.
Hence the initial suggestion to go for Index Mutual funds, specifically Sensex and Nifty 50 funds. Even though the returns will not be the highest in the business, the expense ratio would be the least and the investment will be in the top companies of India. Potentially stable growth in the long term.

Aasan bhasha mei smjha do noobs ko
Generally when something is in the news a lot of people would jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes it loses its value over some time.
History tells us when something is unheard of holds more value till it becomes the limelight and is also told by many gurus.
Just a thesis.
Example: One such example is Bitcoin.

Before investing in any stock. Learn about the company is it future proof. It's contribution in economy. And in case of penny stocks. Invest only that much amount which you are not afraid to loose.

Generally when something is in the news a lot of people would jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes it loses its value over some time.
History tells us when something is unheard of holds more value till it becomes the limelight and is also told by many gurus.
Just a thesis.
Example: One such example is Bitcoin.

No just that don't do any bulk investments...
Thanks guys for these insights. A lot to learn in investing

Back