• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sensex to touch 1 lakh by December 24 and 1.5 lakh by 2029. Good news for Index Mutual fund investors?

GRp118qWIAAqfIf

Jinxed?

Correction of the market should not be seen as a bad thing, should it?

Ideally if there is a correction, it would mean stocks can be bought at a much cheaper rate (mutual fund units in case of MFs). That would then mean better growth when the market recovers. And investment is not something which can give returns on a 1-6 month term, specially for mutual funds. Shouldn't it be looked at for the next 5-10 years at least? Thoughts?
10000% agreed. It is a sale to buy good stocks at a discount.

I am always waiting for such events.

However, I do feel bad for the newbies who enter at peak and then overinvest (vs their disposable income) and then cant withstand the bull run....and have to sell at a loss...but i do realize stock market is a zero sum game so someone's loss is someone else's profit

I dont want to come across as some mahagyani or superrich etc which I think it might sound like but it is just an observation

Only handful stocks taking market up....It is sucking the household investment before a fall by creating FOMO...Remember household saving is at LOWEST level in last 5 decades....Most conservative savers are breaking FD's and investing in market.....When each and every BEAR turn BULLISH then it is the time for REVERSAL

10000% agreed. It is a sale to buy good stocks at a discount.

I am always waiting for such events.

However, I do feel bad for the newbies who enter at peak and then overinvest (vs their disposable income) and then cant withstand the bull run....and have to sell at a loss...but i do realize stock market is a zero sum game so someone's loss is someone else's profit

I dont want to come across as some mahagyani or superrich etc which I think it might sound like but it is just an observation
Totally agreed. That's why SIPs instead of lumpsum investment can probably balance things out in the long term. It also removes the risk of entry and exit unless someone is a pro an knows when to buy and when to exit.

Only handful stocks taking market up....It is sucking the household investment before a fall by creating FOMO...Remember household saving is at LOWEST level in last 5 decades....Most conservative savers are breaking FD's and investing in market.....When each and every BEAR turn BULLISH then it is the time for REVERSAL
Yes, emergency fund is the first thing someone should build and not break (unless there is an emergency) even before thinking of investments.

Back