• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Serious Concern: ICICI Credit Card Data Leak & Fraud Attempt

ImKushal

TF Select
Hey everyone,

I want to share a troubling experience I’ve had after applying for an ICICI credit card in July. (Through Offline Branch) Shortly after my card was approved, I started receiving suspicious calls from someone claiming to be from the ICICI Credit Card Department, offering me a credit limit enhancement. Knowing this wasn't possible since I had just gotten the card, I immediately sensed it was a scam. When the caller asked for my card details to “verify” my information, I hung up and blocked the number.

A few weeks later, I received yet another fraud-related call, supposedly from ICICI. I hung up again. But here’s where things get alarming – I’m convinced that ICICI is sharing or mishandling my private data. Here's why: the phone number I used during my credit card application was private and never linked to any bank or finance-related records before. I had never received spam or scam calls on it—until I provided it to ICICI.

Frustrated, I visited the ICICI branch and changed the number linked to my account. However, within a month of using my regular number, the same pattern began—endless spam and fraud calls, sometimes up to 15-20 times a day. Before providing this number to ICICI, I had no issues with spam or scam calls.

Has anyone else experienced this with ICICI or other banks? If so, what steps did you take to stop it? Please beware, and any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated.

Stay safe out there.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I want to share a troubling experience I’ve had after applying for an ICICI credit card in July. Shortly after my card was approved, I started receiving suspicious calls from someone claiming to be from the ICICI Credit Card Department, offering me a credit limit enhancement. Knowing this wasn't possible since I had just gotten the card, I immediately sensed it was a scam. When the caller asked for my card details to “verify” my information, I hung up and blocked the number.

A few weeks later, I received yet another fraud-related call, supposedly from ICICI. I hung up again. But here’s where things get alarming – I’m convinced that ICICI is sharing or mishandling my private data. Here's why: the phone number I used during my credit card application was private and never linked to any bank or finance-related records before. I had never received spam or scam calls on it—until I provided it to ICICI.

Frustrated, I visited the ICICI branch and changed the number linked to my account. However, within a month of using my regular number, the same pattern began—endless spam and fraud calls, sometimes up to 15-20 times a day. Before providing this number to ICICI, I had no issues with spam or scam calls.

Has anyone else experienced this with ICICI or other banks? If so, what steps did you take to stop it? Please beware, and any advice on how to handle this situation would be appreciated.

Stay safe out there.
From where did you applied the card ?

Back