• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SHAME ON EMBASSY OF AUSTRIA. SCHENGEN VISAS got swapped mistakenly while printing on passport. Husband Visa printed in Wife Passport and Vice versa.

To be honest, it could have been a human error on the part of the clerk who is responsible for visa printing. But the embassy was ready to help you. There are other EU embassies who wouldn't have given shit about your travel.
They helped me at the end. To our bad luck, Microsoft error also came the same day.

OMG. It was super thrilling and nail-biting post TBH. Even while reading, I was tensed as what's going to happen next.

Just feeling bad for that super high priced domestic ticket.
It's a necessary evil that day. Air India cashed in on me.

Something similar happened to me recently as well. I applied for a two-month visa and I was erroneously issued a visa with just 1 month validity by the Swiss embassy. Luckily for me, I applied for the visa 3.5 weeks before my trip and I received it in 7 days(as it was approved the same day it was received by the embassy but delayed by Bluedart). I noticed the error immediately and submitted the passport to the nearest VFS center. I then received the new visa as per my requirements in just 3 days. I was a bit surprised as to how this even happened in the first place, but it all worked out for me in the end. :)
Luckily you have seen the mistake earlier. In our story, we couldn't spot it as it was overlooked by my maternal uncle and they only figured it just 2 days before travel.

It's not incorrect. It was a horrible mistake and OP suffered a lot from mental agony, financial loss, and waste of time for no fault of theirs.
Yes. Those 2 days were a rollercoaster ride me. No proper food, unexpected financial losses and waste of time.

If there was even a smallest of the small mistake from our end while applying for visa or in between, they would not even think about our money and they would straight away reject the Visa instead.

Last edited:
Not your mistake at all but always check issued Visa details immediately without any delay. If any error, you have enough time to get it rectified
The visas were unfortunately delivered to our maternal uncle home rather than the actual travelers home.

I'm just surprised u paid 500rs for the scooty fine, 50-100 should have gotten the work done.
They didn't budge. I am at my urgency and didn't think to pay 500 fine. Already flight prices to HYD were skyrocketing and I didn't have time to think all of that for 500 rupees.

I think a big shoutout should be given to the person who agreed to carry some strangers passports handed to him by another stranger at airport. Carrying a bottle of pickle is ok, but passports?

I think a big shoutout should be given to the person who agreed to carry some strangers passports handed to him by another stranger at airport. Carrying a bottle of pickle is ok, but passports?
Yeah..He's ready to take given that I explained him the whole situation, showed him the itineraries of both my uncle and aunt, hotel bookings and all.

KIND PEOPLE ARE THERE IN THIS WORLD. That's what that situation made me understand.

Although it is that I handed over the passports to him after all the security checks at the boarding gate. So, he carried less to no risk by helping us.

Since he's in the airline industry for the past 25 years, he understood the situation well and helped us.

Carrying a bottle from stranger is more dangerous than carrying passport.

OP after winning the marathon and relaxing at the spa

View attachment 63807
That's actually TRUE. The spa made me forget about what I have gone through. I used Emerald, Sapphiro(All 3 variants) for 3 times.

I could've stayed there for much time, but they denied using the same card same day. Somehow, I managed to stay at the spa for 2 hours( 4*30mins per swipe) and had a relaxing therapy.

That's actually TRUE. The spa made me forget about what I have gone through. I used Emerald, Sapphiro(All 3 variants) for 3 times.

I could've stayed there for much time, but they denied using the same card same day. Somehow, I managed to stay at the spa for 2 hours( 4*30mins per swipe) and had a relaxing therapy.
that's great. encalm spa T3 domestic?
was there any waiting time?
and is the spa open 24*7?

There is little risk in carrying a passport domestically. A bottle is more dangerous.

The visas were unfortunately delivered to our maternal uncle home rather than the actual travelers home.
It's quite possible that the airline might not have caught the visa mistake either and even the immigration officer in Austria could have missed it unless flagged by the system. After all both people actually had a valid visa and their sirnames were the same. Unless the airline staff is very diligent and reads the name on the visa and compares it, they are unlikely to spot it. Since they are in a hurry and checking a lot of people, they might just glance at the visa and valid dates and issue a boarding pass.
A long time ago, when I used to have an Indian passport, I was driving from France to Italy with a girlfriend. The immigration officer stopped us and asked for passports. She didn't need a visa but I did and had obtained it. Only there we realised that the embassy had put a wrong entry date which was about 15 days later. The immigration officer at the border pointed this out. We explained that we were already there and had driven feom Paris and had all our itinerary planned. He was nice and told us to carry on! Mostly because I had a European girlfriend and they were less strict after the EU started. The girlfriend part helped me get a lot of last minute immediate visas as they had special rules for spouses and partners of European citizens and they were nice enough to declare me her partner in order to help me out.

It's quite possible that the airline might not have caught the visa mistake either and even the immigration officer in Austria could have missed it unless flagged by the system. After all both people actually had a valid visa and their sirnames were the same. Unless the airline staff is very diligent and reads the name on the visa and compares it, they are unlikely to spot it. Since they are in a hurry and checking a lot of people, they might just glance at the visa and valid dates and issue a boarding pass.
A long time ago, when I used to have an Indian passport, I was driving from France to Italy with a girlfriend. The immigration officer stopped us and asked for passports. She didn't need a visa but I did and had obtained it. Only there we realised that the embassy had put a wrong entry date which was about 15 days later. The immigration officer at the border pointed this out. We explained that we were already there and had driven feom Paris and had all our itinerary planned. He was nice and told us to carry on! Mostly because I had a European girlfriend and they were less strict after the EU started. The girlfriend part helped me get a lot of last minute immediate visas as they had special rules for spouses and partners of European citizens and they were nice enough to declare me her partner in order to help me out.
Yes, but not worth the risk. Sometimes the police tend to check our passports even when crossing borders and you don't want them finding a visa with a different name on there. I'm sure they would let you go after some verification with the embassy but still, it would be too much of a hassle to deal with them.

Back