• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Share Your 2024 Travel Redemptions & 2025 Future Plans: Miles, Points, and Dream Destinations!

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hey guys,

As credit card enthusiasts, we're always on the hunt for more airmiles and hotel loyalty points, but redeeming them is just as important! Let’s talk about airmiles and hotel loyalty points redemption in 2024 and beyond.

My 2024 Trips:

I’ve already visited four countries this year and have two more planned for December.

1. First Trip: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Redeemed 105,000 United Miles for round-trip business class tickets on Singapore Airlines.
- Stayed at St. Regis Kuala Lumpur and another Marriott property, using a total of 146,000 Marriott Points.

2. Second Trip: Bali, Indonesia
- Used 105,000 United Miles for Thai Airways business class round-trip tickets.
- Stayed at The Stones Hotel, redeeming 146,000 Marriott Points.

3. Third Trip: Tokyo & Kyoto, Japan
- Burned 115,500 United Miles for an ANA business class return ticket.
- Stayed in Kyoto for two nights using Accor's free night benefit from Silver membership, and one night with 10,000 Accor Points.
- For Tokyo, used 160,000 Marriott Points for 4 nights at Courtyard Ginza.

4. Fourth Trip: Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Redeemed **28,500 Indigo 6E Rewards** points + ₹3,200 for economy class round-trip on Indigo.
- Stayed at Ritz Carlton, using **206,000 Marriott Points** for 6 nights.

5. Upcoming Trip: Vietnam & Cambodia (December)
- Used 90,000 United Miles for Singapore Airlines business class round-trip tickets.
- Booked various hotels for 7 nights using 128,000 Marriott Points.

2024 Redemption Summary:
- Total miles burned: 415,500 United Miles plus approximately $300 in taxes overall.
- Hotel points redeemed: 786,000 Marriott Points, 10,000 Accor Points

GZG7XYQbEAAOi7q.webp

---

2025 Travel Plans:

Next year, I have trips planned to South Africa, Australia, China, Georgia, and South Korea. Flights and hotels are already booked for South Africa and Australia, with the rest still in the planning phase.

1. First Trip (2025): South Africa (Johannesburg & Cape Town)
- Redeemed 250,000 United Miles for business class flights: CCU - BOM - JNB, JNB - CPT, CPT - BOM - CCU via Ethiopian Airlines.
- Used 172,500 Marriott Points for hotel stays across 7 nights.

2. Second Trip (2025): Australia (Melbourne & Sydney)
- Used 110,000 United Miles for a one-way business class ticket: CCU - SIN - CNS on Singapore Airlines and CNS - MEL on Virgin Australia.
- For the return, redeemed 92,000 KrisFlyer Miles for SYD - SIN - CCU business class.
- Booked 10 nights at Courtyard Hotels in Melbourne and Sydney using 163,000 Marriott Points.

GZG7XYQbYAEVz50.webp

2025 Redemption Summary (so far):
- 360,000 United Miles, 92,000 KrisFlyer Miles, and 335,500 Marriott Points have been redeemed for next year's trips.

So... I've shared my redemptions and travel plans for 2024 and 2025, and now I'd love to hear from you all!
Let’s make this thread all about travel redemptions. Drop a comment sharing the countries you’ve traveled to in 2024, how you’ve redeemed your points and miles, and what your redemption plans are for 2025. Whether it's a dream trip you've already taken or one you're planning, we’d love to hear your stories!

Let’s inspire each other with great travel and redemption tips!

2024 has been a good year for me on redemption. Better than 2023 for sure

Here are my points Summary for 2024 -

Marriott Bonvoy: 806,000

Accor: 206,000

Singapore Airlines: 148,500

Emirates: 138,500

Lifemiles: 90,000

Avios: 70,000

Virgin Atlantic (VS): 86,000

Taj (Vouchers): 80,000

Hyatt: 33,500

United: 22,500

I hv travelled mostly Kenya, Bali, (Malaysia , Singapore , Dubai ) quite a few time this year
Almost all trips are done , only I guess one short family trip to Thailand and couple of office trips left.

Next Year I have plans of UK, EU, Madagascar, US, Ecuador, Zimbabwe
Flights for UK, EU, US are booked already done.
Ecuador, Madagascar and Zimbabwe are in plan
I have 2 major booking with Marriot for next year in addition to the above already redeemed points

3 nights stay at 510k MB
2 nights stay at 180k MB

And Accor also around 100k points booking across UK & EU for next year.

That would be all for me

please also explain, from which cards you earned so many miles!?? 😱
I won't keep you in the dark: to earn that many miles, your spending has to be quite high. With Amex points, it's still relatively easier. Referrals are one of the major sources. With three cards, you can earn around 450k points in a year.

If you cancel and reapply for a card, the referral quota resets. So, if you do this with one card, you can earn 600k points just through referrals. If you have the Platinum Charge card and get four referrals, that's an additional 100k points. That brings your total to around 700k points just from referrals.

Keep in mind, referrals are easier if you're an influencer. For others, it requires a significant effort since the competition is steep.

In the last two years, I've earned more than 2 million Amex points, and I’d say 50% of them came from referrals. The remaining 50%, or about 1 million points, required a minimum spend of 2 million on the Platinum Charge through Darveys/Ras to get that 1 million points back.

Not many people can manage that level of spending.

When it comes to Axis points, most of the points came from Magnus and Reserve spends during the good old days. However, now, no matter how much you spend, you won’t be able to earn Accor points or other valuable frequent flyer points due to the cap.

HDFC isn't a points-earning machine either. Let's say you have Infinia and earn 15k accelerated points every month. On average, you might earn 20k points a month, which adds up to just 120k miles in a year—barely enough to cover a long-distance return business class flight.

So, moving forward, earning miles will be much harder. The competition for Amex referrals is tough, and Amex is adding restrictions, like on Gyftr.

I doubt you’ll see the same kind of redemption opportunities from me in the near future. Redemptions will be limited to a select few starting late next year.

I can still suggest three key cards:

1. Atlas – If Atlas gets devalued, replace it with DCB Metal. Transfer everything to Accor, or in the case of DCB, to Avios.

2. Amex Platinum Travel – Target earning 50-60k points.

3. HDFC Marriott Bonvoy – Use the free night award (FNA) along with Marriott points from the Platinum Travel card. This should give you one free night, and with 40-50k points from Amex, you can get 2-3 more nights.

This combination should be enough to cover one holiday.

If your spending is higher, replicate the strategy with another family member.

I won't keep you in the dark: to earn that many miles, your spending has to be quite high. With Amex points, it's still relatively easier. Referrals are one of the major sources. With three cards, you can earn around 450k points in a year.

If you cancel and reapply for a card, the referral quota resets. So, if you do this with one card, you can earn 600k points just through referrals. If you have the Platinum Charge card and get four referrals, that's an additional 100k points. That brings your total to around 700k points just from referrals.

Keep in mind, referrals are easier if you're an influencer. For others, it requires a significant effort since the competition is steep.

In the last two years, I've earned more than 2 million Amex points, and I’d say 50% of them came from referrals. The remaining 50%, or about 1 million points, required a minimum spend of 2 million on the Platinum Charge through Darveys/Ras to get that 1 million points back.

Not many people can manage that level of spending.

When it comes to Axis points, most of the points came from Magnus and Reserve spends during the good old days. However, now, no matter how much you spend, you won’t be able to earn Accor points or other valuable frequent flyer points due to the cap.

HDFC isn't a points-earning machine either. Let's say you have Infinia and earn 15k accelerated points every month. On average, you might earn 20k points a month, which adds up to just 120k miles in a year—barely enough to cover a long-distance return business class flight.

So, moving forward, earning miles will be much harder. The competition for Amex referrals is tough, and Amex is adding restrictions, like on Gyftr.

I doubt you’ll see the same kind of redemption opportunities from me in the near future. Redemptions will be limited to a select few starting late next year.

I can still suggest three key cards:

1. Atlas – If Atlas gets devalued, replace it with DCB Metal. Transfer everything to Accor, or in the case of DCB, to Avios.

2. Amex Platinum Travel – Target earning 50-60k points.

3. HDFC Marriott Bonvoy – Use the free night award (FNA) along with Marriott points from the Platinum Travel card. This should give you one free night, and with 40-50k points from Amex, you can get 2-3 more nights.

This combination should be enough to cover one holiday.

If your spending is higher, replicate the strategy with another family member.

I'm slowly doing this, will apply for Atlas later. Already have amex trifecta and HDFC Marriott Bonvoy. Hopefully will be able to have a Marriott spend sponsored by points next year

I don't keep meticulous records of my redemption but here's a gist what I've done so far in 2024 :-

ITC Kakatiya HYD - 2 nights for 20k marriot bonvoy points

Vivanta by Taj HYD - 1 night by 10k Amex Taj Voucher

Vistara - 4 flights on premium economy by vouchers + 3 economy flights by points ,from Axis Vistara Signature Card

Got Accor Plus Explorer Membership at 7500 points from DCB, haven't used till now

1000199983.webp

Waiting for another round of 30% bonus points from Amex to Marriot transfer,
I have got JW Mussoorie on my bucket list for 2025

I've also got enough Vistara points for 1-2 economy flights, 1 Premium economy voucher, 1 class upgrade voucher left from Axis Vistara Signature Card

And I've got a free night left from Accor from Explorer Membership i got through DCB

Plus another 10k Taj voucher i got from Amex recently

Last edited:
please also explain, from which cards you earned so many miles!?? 😱
You need to either have very high spends and/or be a finfluencer with lot of referrals bonus coming your way with a good handle on miles and points game, to do the kind of redemptions required for International Busniess class tickets and luxury hotels,

For most middle class people(like myself) with modest spends and no referral income, practically speaking, domestic flights and occasional luxury hotels within india is the best you can do, which isn't that bad 😁

This was the first year of miles redemption for me.
I don't usually stay in 5 star properties so Sold around 1.75L Marriott points earned through referrals.
Redeemed 1.25L Accor points on my 15 days Europe tour. Points were earned on the OG Magnus last year.
Apart from that redeemed FNA of Marriott Bonvoy card at JW Pune and also got complimentary breakfast for 2.
Redeemed 2 economy flights on Vistara from Mumbai to Bhubaneswar through CV points.
Have around 70K Marriott points and 50K accor points left for redemption next year. Will probably sell MB points and redeem Accor points at Goa or Rajasthan.
Also have 50K Infinia points. Planning to use them for Tanishq vouchers.

Thailand March 2024: 5 nights X 2 rooms in Phuket, Krabi using 90k Accor points.

Upcoming:
Bangalore Dec 2024:
Return flights From Delhi to Bangalore using 105k Infinia points.
1 night using Stay Plus Accor voucher. I bought Accor Plus using 7500 points HDFC offer.

Vietnam Dec 2024: Movenpick Can ranh, 6 nights using 92k Accor points.

May 2024: Planning a trip in Mexico(Cancun) or USA(New York or Miami or Orlando). I have some 1.25 lakhs MB points and 25k Accor points and 77k Infinia points left as of now.

As I am not a finfluencer, I don't have much points to get international flights for 3 people using points so I pay for the flights using Atlas and use points to book stays.

I am new to this points and miles redemption game. I started points redemptions this year after I gained knowledge from this community.
Here are my trips this year using points.
  • 3 nights stay in Mercure hotel in Belgium using 36,000 Accor points
  • 4 nights stay in Ibis hotel in Naples, Italy using 32,000 Accor points

I started my credit card journey in 2023. Got married last year, planned extensively and used Atlas, Amex Plat travel, MRCC and Plat Charge for the marriage purchases and other day to day expenses. Was able to avail the following benefits:
1. One night in ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad
2. 3 nights at ITC Kohenur, Hyderabad,
3. 2 nights at Sheraton Kosgoda Resort, Sri Lanka
4. 1 night at Courtyard Marriott, Colombo
5. 2 Night stay at Taj Exotica, Goa using Taj Vouchers (30k Amex taj vouchers + 45k Taj vouchers using amex points)

Planned the following activities for this year and next year:
1. 1 night at JW Marriott Prestige Golfshire resort, Bangalore (October)
2. 2 nights at ITC Windsor, Bangalore in December (Purchased ITC Culinaire using Green Points)
3. 3 nights Maldives/4 nights at Mauritius using 66000 Accor points (May 2025)
4. 2 Round trip Economy tickets from BLR-Tokyo using Cathay Pacific points (Using 160000 Amex points)

Hoping to accumulate some points by next year for accommodation for my Japan trip in Sep 2025.

I am glad to be able to extract as much as I could by using the right cards at the right point of time. It is highly unlikely that I can replicate the same level of spends in the coming years.

Thailand March 2024: 5 nights X 2 rooms in Phuket, Krabi using 90k Accor points.

Upcoming:
Bangalore Dec 2024:
Return flights From Delhi to Bangalore using 105k Infinia points.
1 night using Stay Plus Accor voucher. I bought Accor Plus using 7500 points HDFC offer.

Vietnam Dec 2024: Movenpick Can ranh, 6 nights using 92k Accor points.

May 2024: Planning a trip in Mexico(Cancun) or USA(New York or Miami or Orlando). I have some 1.25 lakhs MB points and 25k Accor points and 77k Infinia points left as of now.

As I am not a finfluencer, I don't have much points to get international flights for 3 people using points so I pay for the flights using Atlas and use points to book stays.
For USA i would recommend going to west coast (California) , New York is a concrete jungle with bad weather.

Back