• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

should i apply for Kotak 811 account to get credit card

silly_putty

TF Premier
Hello everyone, I'm 20 years old with low ITR filing (self-employed). I got hdfc freedom card pre-approved and chose it as i only had add on credit cards till now and wanted to maintain good cibil for further studies loan, but just got to know that hdfc doesn't disclose credit limit and whatever CIBIL i built with my fd backed icici plat card got screwed by it.

I have bank account with hdfc (10 k MAB Primary account), Axis liberty account (I keep whatever amount spent on credit card over here), union bank zero bal account (got it when i was 16 under govt scheme) & Fi account (basic variant for small transactions). Now I saw most people who opened 811 account got an offer for the 811 card, I'm fine with shitty rewards as i only intend to make Rs 100-Rs 200 transaction over it to maintain a good utilization ratio.

Is there any other bank with zero MAB i could choose to get instant CC offer? Recently tried for Federal bank credit card but got to know after creating the application that minimum age is required is 21.

Edit: CIBIL rn is 770, but expecting it to fall this month due to the above enquiry and hdfc bank utilization ratio of course.

Try applying for IDFC millennia using C2C of your existing credit cards, it's life time free and you don't even need to open any bank account.
You might even get the card if you have some decent credit score but the probability of you getting a good limit will be with C2C.

Last edited by a moderator:
my main worry is that the freedom card would erode away my cibil till i would need a student loan, and 21st birth day is still quite far away.
Try Flipkart pay later or Paytm postpaid just create account and don't use it, i had created Flipkart pay later for fun during my college days and when I applied for credit card it was a very easy process since i already had a credit score

Try Flipkart pay later or Paytm postpaid just create account and don't use it, i had created Flipkart pay later for fun during my college days and when I applied for credit card it was a very easy process since i already had a credit score
wait, pay later is counted in cibil reports?

Hello everyone, I'm 20 years old with low ITR filing (self-employed). I got hdfc freedom card pre-approved and chose it as i only had add on credit cards till now and wanted to maintain good cibil for further studies loan, but just got to know that hdfc doesn't disclose credit limit and whatever CIBIL i built with my fd backed icici plat card got screwed by it.

I have bank account with hdfc (10 k MAB Primary account), Axis liberty account (I keep whatever amount spent on credit card over here), union bank zero bal account (got it when i was 16 under govt scheme) & Fi account (basic variant for small transactions). Now I saw most people who opened 811 account got an offer for the 811 card, I'm fine with shitty rewards as i only intend to make Rs 100-Rs 200 transaction over it to maintain a good utilization ratio.

Is there any other bank with zero MAB i could choose to get instant CC offer? Recently tried for Federal bank credit card but got to know after creating the application that minimum age is required is 21.

Edit: CIBIL rn is 770, but expecting it to fall this month due to the above enquiry and hdfc bank utilization ratio of course.
If you're maintaining in axis or doing transactions regularly, you will get pre approved offer from them as well. Shift all your upi and debit card expenses to axis.

Back