• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I get Axis Magnus credit card? Please go through my use case.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I currently have ICICI Sapphiro LTF, HDFC Diners Black LTF, and SBI Cashback Credit Card. Except for Cashback card which has only 20k limit, I have good enough limit on other cards. I primarily use DCB wherever possible. Use cashback card to buy 6k Amazon gift card every month. And Sapphiro for everything else.

I am confused as to whether I should get an Axis Magnus? If I get one, I would only use it for rent payment and getting the milestone benefits. I would pay 2 rents using that. One 70k and another 40k. I have to pay this rent till atleast October. If I apply for it, I would get it in April. So will April's transaction be eligible for points? Is it worth getting it considering I would have to pay 11800 joining fees and charges on rent payment (which I am guessing would be around 1500 per month)?

For other transactions I think DCB would give more rewards since I already got the milestone benefits on Magnus.

If you can suggest any better way to use these cards please do. I know Sapphiro gives almost nothing rewards.

Thanks.

I currently have ICICI Sapphiro LTF, HDFC Diners Black LTF, and SBI Cashback Credit Card. Except for Cashback card which has only 20k limit, I have good enough limit on other cards. I primarily use DCB wherever possible. Use cashback card to buy 6k Amazon gift card every month. And Sapphiro for everything else.

I am confused as to whether I should get an Axis Magnus? If I get one, I would only use it for rent payment and getting the milestone benefits. I would pay 2 rents using that. One 70k and another 40k. I have to pay this rent till atleast October. If I apply for it, I would get it in April. So will April's transaction be eligible for points? Is it worth getting it considering I would have to pay 11800 joining fees and charges on rent payment (which I am guessing would be around 1500 per month)?

For other transactions I think DCB would give more rewards since I already got the milestone benefits on Magnus.

If you can suggest any better way to use these cards please do. I know Sapphiro gives almost nothing rewards.

Thanks.
after 5th march 2023

Annual fee waiver​

Annual fees of Rs.10,000 + Taxes waived on spends of Rs.15 Lakhs and above in the preceding year

• Spends will be calculated as per the card anniversary year
  • Rental spends, Wallet transactions & EMI transactions are not considered

Thanks.
    so you will paying 1500 and it will not counted towards milestone benefit so don't even make a rent payment through magnus and it seem that was your purpose to get the card, i would say strongly advised not to apply.

Unless you can hit the monthly milestone of 1Lac spends 6-8 times in a year (excluding rent payment as they are no longer considered for monthly milestone benefits), I would advice against applying for Magnus.

Magnus is use full , if you intent to use the reward points against air miles or hotel loyalty redemptions, if you are not a guy whose into miles or luxury hotel stays then probably you should skip it.

But if you are interested in miles or want to learn then Magnus can be best card to have , even if you manage to hit monthly milestone 4 times that equal to 1.24 lakhs ER , plus if you can leverage grabdeals and gyftr offers , you can easily manage 1.30-1.50 ER , that’s equivalent to 1.24 lakh miles which I guess can be redeemed against 2 business class award seats on some good international sector , also the value can be even more based on time and airlines , also you can redeem against ITC or Marriot Bonvoy to get free stays etc

Magnus is use full , if you intent to use the reward points against air miles or hotel loyalty redemptions, if you are not a guy whose into miles or luxury hotel stays then probably you should skip it.

But if you are interested in miles or want to learn then Magnus can be best card to have , even if you manage to hit monthly milestone 4 times that equal to 1.24 lakhs ER , plus if you can leverage grabdeals and gyftr offers , you can easily manage 1.30-1.50 ER , that’s equivalent to 1.24 lakh miles which I guess can be redeemed against 2 business class award seats on some good international sector , also the value can be even more based on time and airlines , also you can redeem against ITC or Marriot Bonvoy to get free stays etc
+1

Thanks.
Seeing your profile , as the cards you have is LTF , I should you can go for Magnus , anyway the joining and annual fees are waived off by Tata cliq voucher or Yatra voucher . It’s a good to have card especially before any further devaluation .
Take the card and move all your spends to Magnus

Thanks.
As pointed out fellow members, getting Magnus only for rent payment will not be fruitful.

You can consider following points to decide:-
How much value you assign
1. to welcome benefit, say Tata Cliq- considering you get the value upto 10k in best case scenerio, GST would be the cost which you would seek to recover from other benefits
2. for meet and greet service
3. from hitting the milestone and using the same for travel related rewards

after 5th march 2023

Annual fee waiver​

Annual fees of Rs.10,000 + Taxes waived on spends of Rs.15 Lakhs and above in the preceding year

• Spends will be calculated as per the card anniversary year
Oh I didnt know that. Thanks.

Using any ICICI card is a very bad decision
Yes I got to know it a bit late. It was my first CC and I got swayed but BOGO on bookmyshow. I got it LTF with ICICI salary account and made quite a bit of transaction through it. Now I realise I wasted so many reward points because of it.

Seeing your profile , as the cards you have is LTF , I should you can go for Magnus , anyway the joining and annual fees are waived off by Tata cliq voucher or Yatra voucher . It’s a good to have card especially before any further devaluation .
Take the card and move all your spends to Magnus
But would it be worth it considering I would get similar reward points on DCB? My normal spends, apart from rent would be around 20-30k a month.

The only issue is I want to get another card for offline usage now that almost every card is not giving reward points on rent and Sapphiro offers just 0.25% rewards and that too in vouchers. And DCB is not accepted always

Last edited:
As pointed out fellow members, getting Magnus only for rent payment will not be fruitful.

You can consider following points to decide:-
How much value you assign
1. to welcome benefit, say Tata Cliq- considering you get the value upto 10k in best case scenerio, GST would be the cost which you would seek to recover from other benefits
2. for meet and greet service
3. from hitting the milestone and using the same for travel related rewards
Even if I get 10k tata cliq voucher, I would have to spend it in an year. Its like spending 10k imo but getting some value out of it.

I have less than 2L spends a month still have 2 magnuses

One just to simply enjoy access to all lounges via Priority Pass
Instead of magnus, I was thinking to get Axis Ace. Would it be a better option? For online spends I would mainly use Cashback Card or DCB and for offline spends, I can use Ace.

Even if I get 10k tata cliq voucher, I would have to spend it in an year. Its like spending 10k imo but getting some value out of it.
Magnus costs around 2800 to 3800 per year
1800 is because of GST
The remainder is what you lose if you buy gold bars and then sell them
Instead of buying gold bars you can also exchange your voucher on some sites for another voucher. Choose carefully who you exchange it with. You can get between 8500-9000 worth of PayTM/Amazon vouchers in exchange for a 10K TataCliq voucher depending on whom you deal with

Last edited:
Magnus costs around 2800 to 3800 per year
1800 is because of GST
The remainder is what you lose if you buy gold bars and then sell them
Instead of buying gold bars you can also exchange your voucher on some sites for another voucher. Choose carefully who you exchange it with. You can get between 8500-9000 worth of PayTM/Amazon vouchers in exchange for a 10K TataCliq voucher depending on whom you deal with
I didnt know that we can buy gold coins on tata cliq. Now it seems like a good deal.

I didnt know that we can buy gold coins on tata cliq. Now it seems like a good deal.

Back