• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I get Axis Magnus credit card? Please go through my use case.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I currently have ICICI Sapphiro LTF, HDFC Diners Black LTF, and SBI Cashback Credit Card. Except for Cashback card which has only 20k limit, I have good enough limit on other cards. I primarily use DCB wherever possible. Use cashback card to buy 6k Amazon gift card every month. And Sapphiro for everything else.

I am confused as to whether I should get an Axis Magnus? If I get one, I would only use it for rent payment and getting the milestone benefits. I would pay 2 rents using that. One 70k and another 40k. I have to pay this rent till atleast October. If I apply for it, I would get it in April. So will April's transaction be eligible for points? Is it worth getting it considering I would have to pay 11800 joining fees and charges on rent payment (which I am guessing would be around 1500 per month)?

For other transactions I think DCB would give more rewards since I already got the milestone benefits on Magnus.

If you can suggest any better way to use these cards please do. I know Sapphiro gives almost nothing rewards.

Thanks.

How did he get it FYF? Last I checked they only offer it to people with 3lpm salary crediting in axis bank

How did he get it FYF? Last I checked they only offer it to people with 3lpm salary crediting in axis bank
There is an increasing trend of those who get it on a C2C basis getting it as FYF. Not always but more cases are seen these days. We initially assumed that the agent made a mistake by forgetting to tick a box but it could be that the Axis system is programmed to grant it FYF when it is applied via C2C and the C2C source card limit is high. As of now, no one knows!

There is an increasing trend of those who get it on a C2C basis getting it as FYF. Not always but more cases are seen these days. We initially assumed that the agent made a mistake by forgetting to tick a box but it could be that the Axis system is programmed to grant it FYF when it is applied via C2C and the C2C source card limit is high. As of now, no one knows!
For C2C they said we need atleast 1 year old card. Too bad I cant try : (

Magnus costs around 2800 to 3800 per year
1800 is because of GST
The remainder is what you lose if you buy gold bars and then sell them
Instead of buying gold bars you can also exchange your voucher on some sites for another voucher. Choose carefully who you exchange it with. You can get between 8500-9000 worth of PayTM/Amazon vouchers in exchange for a 10K TataCliq voucher depending on whom you deal with
Where can i sell the gold coins? Also can you link some sites where I can sell it for amazon/paytm vouchers?

Where can i sell the gold coins? Also can you link some sites where I can sell it for amazon/paytm vouchers?
The gold coins can be sold at your local jeweller. Sometimes, some national jewellers may have outlets in your city and these would give you a better rate
Voucher sale coming soon to TechnoFino. Till then, use Desidime

The gold coins can be sold at your local jeweller. Sometimes, some national jewellers may have outlets in your city and these would give you a better rate
Voucher sale coming soon to TechnoFino. Till then, use Desidime
I applied for magnus today. The guy told me he can offer Axis Privillege FYF as well. Along with that I would get 7.5k RP which can be redeemed at Magnus' RP value.

I recieved Magnus but they messed my name spelling : (
The card has april in valid through. So i will be eligible for milestone benefit this month right? Also does NPS contribution count towards milestone?

I recieved Magnus but they messed my name spelling : (
The card has april in valid through. So i will be eligible for milestone benefit this month right? Also does NPS contribution count towards milestone?

You were eligible for the milestone benefit in April itself (month of card issue)
Yes, NPS counts

Back