• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I get ICICI Platinum LTF credit card or wait for Coral RuPay LTF offer to appear? I only own the Amazon Pay card.

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Currently, I only have an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card for the past 2 months. Since this card is generally excluded from merchant-specific discounts, I need a secondary ICICI core card.

So, should I get the ICICI Platinum credit card by contacting them on đť•Ź (Prev. Twitter) or wait for the Coral RuPay LTF offer?

I generally don't use UPI and have the Tata Neu Infinity HDFC card already. Even if I want to use Credit Card on UPI locally, most merchants don't accept it.

I have Amazon card and they don't increase limit for other unsecured cards also?
There will be no limit increase offer on Amazon Pay CC.
But why are you not closing secure cc ?
What @NShah is referring to you :
Your secured CC is stopping all other cards to get LE on them as ICICI uses shared CL concept among all of their cards

Last edited:
Ask them on X(aka Twitter) for platinum.
U will not get a cibil hit.
So how does the process work via X route for CIBIL hit? I just contacted them on twitter. They took my number and said that their representative will get in touch with me soon.

But my question is, won't that representative ask for an OTP while applying? Last month also, I got a call from ICICI bank for platinum card, but the OTP message from ICICI clearly said that it is for credit bureau enquiry. Therefore, I decided not to go ahead that time around as I had already taken some CIBIL hits last month.

So how does the process work via X route for CIBIL hit? I just contacted them on twitter. They took my number and said that their representative will get in touch with me soon.

But my question is, won't that representative ask for an OTP while applying? Last month also, I got a call from ICICI bank for platinum card, but the OTP message from ICICI clearly said that it is for credit bureau enquiry. Therefore, I decided not to go ahead that time around as I had already taken some CIBIL hits last month.
They will process based on your existing cc, just like pre-approved ..

I have mentioned the detailed process here:
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amazon-to-icici-platinum.17654/post-432291

Hope it helps.

And, no, no OTP is required by the representative. The Platinum card is requested by them as an "Upgrade" to your existing card. They basically raise a service request for it.

In this context, "upgrade" doesn't mean your existing card would be closed. Both the existing card as well as the new card would remain active with a shared limit.

I have mentioned the detailed process here:
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amazon-to-icici-platinum.17654/post-432291

Hope it helps.

And, no, no OTP is required by the representative. The Platinum card is requested by them as an "Upgrade" to your existing card. They basically raise a service request for it.

In this context, "upgrade" doesn't mean your existing card would be closed. Both the existing card as well as the new card would remain active with a shared limit.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Last time, that representative asked for OTP.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Last time, that representative asked for OTP.
I wonder what they need the OTP for. Bank representatives would never ask for OTP — even for applying a new card.

Are you sure you messaged the correct X handle? Because off late, there are many fake X handles out there.

Reactions: SSV
I wonder what they need the OTP for. Bank representatives would never ask for OTP — even for applying a new card.

Are you sure you messaged the correct X handle? Because off late, there are many fake X handles out there.
Oh yes, the handle was correct. Basically, they needed my consent for a Credit Bureau check.

Oh yes, the handle was correct. Basically, they needed my consent for a Credit Bureau check.
OK, understood. This time, explicitly ask them to "upgrade" your existing card to Platinum Chip Credit Card without closing your existing card (Do mention the existing card number to them). They'll take a service request for it, which will also be visible in iMobile app.

Here's a template you can use:
"Hi,

My registered mobile number is 98765432890.

I am currently holding an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card X0069. I need an ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card WITHOUT CLOSING IT and with a SHARED LIMIT with that of my Amazon Pay card.

So, please provide me a ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card. I'm eager to have this card in my portfolio."

OK, understood. This time, explicitly ask them to "upgrade" your existing card to Platinum Chip Credit Card without closing your existing card (Do mention the existing card number to them). They'll take a service request for it, which will also be visible in iMobile app.

Here's a template you can use:
"Hi,

My registered mobile number is 98765432890.

I am currently holding an Amazon Pay ICICI credit card X0069. I need an ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card WITHOUT CLOSING IT and with a SHARED LIMIT with that of my Amazon Pay card.

So, please provide me a ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card. I'm eager to have this card in my portfolio."
Contacted them already. Sorry, I wasn't aware about the template. :ROFLMAO:
Hoping to get a call tomorrow.

IMG_1943.jpg

Back