• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should i get Infinia after devaluation?

CcMaverick

TF Buzz
I was recently talking to my HDFC RM and he agreed to Infinia offering with FYF if spent 3L in 3 months.
But recently saw HDFC devaluation for various partners and was wondering if it will make sense to go for infinia?

Anyway I will be using smartbuy more for redemptions but have been using accor as well sometimes.

I was recently talking to my HDFC RM and he agreed to Infinia offering with FYF if spent 3L in 3 months.
But recently saw HDFC devaluation for various partners and was wondering if it will make sense to go for infinia?

Anyway I will be using smartbuy more for redemptions but have been using accor as well sometimes.
As it is for transfers people were using Magnus before its devaluation and now post burgundy requirement most of them have moved to Atlas. Infinia is the perfect all rounder for anyone who’s into travel even post devaluation considering the Smartbuy benefit and standard reward rate.

Infinia is still hands down the best card, despite devaluation. HDFC has enough runway to keep the benefits attractive and it has also shown the intent to keep doing so. Can't say the same about other banks.

Today saw some more minor devaluation partners of hdfc to transfer rewards.

Airlines

• Star Alliance
    • Air Canada Aeroplan: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Aeroplan Miles
    • Avianca LifeMiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 LifeMile
    • Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
    • United MileagePlus Miles:1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 MileagePlus Mile
  • oneworld Alliance
    • British Airways Avios: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Avios
    • Finnair Plus: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Finnair Plus Point
  • SkyTeam Alliance
    • KLM/Air France Flying Blue: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Flying Blue Mile
    • Vietnam Airlines LotusMiles: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 LotusMiles
  • Others
    • AirAsia Rewards: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 AirAsia Point
    • Etihad Guest: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 0.5 Etihad Guest Points
    • Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Fortune Wings Club Point
Hotels

• Accor ALL: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 ALL Point
  • IHG One: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 IHG One Point
  • Wyndham Rewards: 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Wyndham Rewards Point
Now, HDFC Bank has notified that there will be changes to three transfer partners in the coming days. No email is sent out to customers, but there is a moving scroll on top of the transfer page notifying the change. Three transfer partners will see conversion change from 1 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Mile/Point to 2 HDFC Bank Reward Point = 1 Mile/Point, basically halving their value in these cases.

The affected partners are:

• Turkish Miles & Smiles
  • Accor
  • Avianca Life Miles
Here is the screen grab. Incidentally, HDFC Bank had earlier on put this announcement, then removed it, and now it is flashing again.

Is the Infinia and DCB devaluation still on?
They have pulled out the banner from Smartbuy. Did they postpone it?

Back