• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I upgrade from DCB plastic LTF to DCB Metal FYF?

PRB

TF Neo
I've received emails to upgrade from DCB plastic LTF to DCB Metal FYF.

Is there any way to convert the FYF card to LTF if I choose to upgrade? Will this hamper any chances of getting Infinia in future?

DCB Metal and Infinia are almost equal. If acceptance not an issue, proceed. Chances always not guarantee, it depends on lot of factors or consider as luck.

But DCB LTF is even good, do thorough analysis and switch only if you can recover annual fee. Bank offered the card to make you switch from LTF to paid, its not easy to get LTF but you can try depends on existing card spends, relationship or any that may affect that decision.

Thanks for the response.

I want to upgrade to Infinia in future, If i reject the current upgrade, will it impact the chances of getting Infinia?
Nope. Not taking the upgrade won't impact the possibility of upgrading to Infinia.

DCB Metal is good when spending 4L in a quarter. I also had the upgrade offer but didn't upgrade as I want to get Infinia.
However my past 2 quarters spends are more than 4 so I missed on 20K points.

Reactions: PRB
I've received emails to upgrade from DCB plastic LTF to DCB Metal FYF.

Is there any way to convert the FYF card to LTF if I choose to upgrade? Will this hamper any chances of getting Infinia in future?
The only compelling reason to do this would be
if you frequently hitting monthly "Accelerated RP ceiling" of 7500 else why leave the comfort of LTF.
And end up paying annual10K fees

1722513023399.webp

I am getting daily reminder for upgrade from LTF DCB to FYF DCB Metal
Should I upgrade or not
My aim is to get INFINIA CC
DCB Metal upgrade is not required to get Infinia CC.... You only need to spend 7.5L in 6 months and >8L credit limit. Do it on DCB LTF and apply for Infinia

DCB Metal is suggested for people who want to use Smartbuy more and 2.5k points per day limit on 5x/10x is not enough

Back