• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Smartbuy pricing discrepancy

TF Premier
I was looking for a Titan watch on myntra the price shown was Rs. 1,784/-.
At first I thought of buying myntra GV from smartbuy but then I saw 5x on myntra via smartbuy. I proceeded to myntra via smartbuy and to my surprise the watch price was Rs. 2,596/-
Frankly I did not expect this kind of manipulation either from smartbuy or myntra.
Next time before buying I will double check the price on every website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240609_103058_Myntra.jpg
    Screenshot_20240609_103058_Myntra.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20240609_103041_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240609_103041_Brave.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 56
At first I thought of buying myntra GV from smartbuy but then I saw 5x on myntra via smartbuy. I proceeded to myntra via smartbuy and to my surprise the watch price was Rs. 2,596/-
Frankly I did not expect this kind of manipulation either from smartbuy or myntra.
That's because you are not logged in. Price is different for guests & logged in users.

Attachments

• After Login.jpg
    After Login.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 35
  • Before Login.jpg
    Before Login.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 32
Okay so heres the problem. After login via smartbuy the price is still 2.5K but when I open the product page the price gets reduced to 1.7K.

IMO there's some issue with the browser.

Mods please close or delete the thread.

I would suggest opening websites which have rewards on affiliate shopping (SmartBuy is also the same) in Chrome rather than Brave.

Brave sometimes interferes with the cookies and site in an attempt to make it ad free (due to Brave shields) which can cause discrepancies like this. Sometimes rewards for direct shopping might not get calculated due to cookies not going through, so chrome or any other browser which doesn't block cookies by default should be good.

I open such websites in chrome.

I would suggest opening websites which have rewards on affiliate shopping (SmartBuy is also the same) in Chrome rather than Brave.

Brave sometimes interferes with the cookies and site in an attempt to make it ad free (due to Brave shields) which can cause discrepancies like this. Sometimes rewards for direct shopping might not get calculated due to cookies not going through, so chrome or any other browser which doesn't block cookies by default should be good.

I open such websites in chrome.
Thanks. Will keep in mind.

I also faced same issue when visiting myntra through multiple affiliate sites. Although the amount was not as high as mentioned here. I saw 50-70 rs difference for a 700 rs purchase.. Purchased the product from the affiliate site showing least amount later.

Back