• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

So apparently Plat Travel Income requirement is >50 lacs

realjayt

TF Premier
Here with a tale of somewhat rejection.

4 Year Credit history
CIBIL 777
Highest Card Limit 4.6L

I run two businesses, one being a retail shop and the other a contract firm.
Since my shop is not at a serviceable area I thought better to put my contract firms address as my work address. So the guy came and verified that and the next day I get a rejection saying I don’t meet the income criteria of 6 L which I clearly do as per my ITR. So I send a mail to CC Head of AMEX saying the same. This morning, I get a call saying that I am not eligible for plat travel as per my income but I am eligible for Plat Reserve and I can apply for it right away even while being on the phone, which I politely declined and asked them to put it in writing that “50 lacs income is required for plat travel if you are holding a contract firm of a construction firm.”

Everyone keeps praising Amex for their professionalism but here I feel like it has failed them.

How are you eligible for Plat Reserve but not Plat Travel? While Plat Reserve has crap rewards, does it not have higher fees compared to Plat Travel, making Reserve a more premium card than Travel?

50L income probably makes sense for Plat Charge not Plat Travel whose rewards peak at 4L usage per annum.
I asked them for that in writing that they need 50L for Plat Travel. Letssee what happens

Back