• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Solar Power Plant - Way to future!

Hello TF Community,

Completed 1 yr for my Solar power plant this week and generated 3800 units of electricity.

Screenshot_2023-05-19-19-54-14-650_com.growatt.shinephones-edit.jpg

A bit about my setup -
It's an On Grid setup.
540W x 6 Jinko half cut mono perc panels and 3kW Growatt inverter.
My typical household usage was 150 units a month. With addition of EV, expected it to go around 250 units.

Total generation of 3800kWh for past yr, with avg of 310kWh/month.
Highest - 372kWh in April 23
Lowest - 222kWh in July 22

This is after not so much maintenance of solar panels.
Have cleaned my panels myself only twice in this yr as it has been raining at least once a month.

Paid only ₹100x12months as fixed charges for last yr.
Now i have got a credit of ₹3300 in this bill from MSEDCL, so nothing to pay from now on.

By this rate i would get back my ₹2L investment in ~7yrs as per my calculations. Faster if i drive my Tata TigorEV more. 😜
And panels have warranty of 20yrs. So it's basically free electricity for next 13yrs.

I would certainly recommend everyone to go for it (if its possible).
This is an investment which will not only help you personally, but it'll help our community and environment as well.

Cheers!

(@TechnoFino - Couldn't find matching category, so have put this under finance guide.)

Last edited:

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I plan to get rooftop solar panels for my under-construction house in Bangalore. Can someone refer vendors to me? I'd appreciate if you PM me the contact details.

yogobit

TF Premier
This was my main concern earlier. To avoid all this, the government launched a new portal now, wherein a consumer can get a solar plant installed from any desired agency and still enjoy subsidy. Please go through the link I have sent earlier in this thread.
Please share link

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Some years back I explored solar cell mini plants or panels which can be installed in balconies roof (for people residing in apartment flats),as they cannot use rooftops. But no feasibility solution to this existed.
Is there any workaround to this to the current day? Or if anybody tried in a similar setup?

cardy

TF Ace
I was considering getting a 5KW solar rooftop plant for my home. I recently discovered that the central government has newly launched a website for claiming subsidy for your solar rooftop installations. If anybody has any experience with claiming the subsidy through the portal, it would be great if you could share your thoughts and experience here.
Link for the subsidy: https://solarrooftop.gov.in/
Is it available in all the states in India