• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[SOLVED] HDFC sharing data with IndusInd, Legend LTF, wrong email

gautamcool

TF Select
I got a call from IndusInd representative a few days ago saying HDFC bank has referred me and they are offering Legend LTF with 3L CL
After 2-3 mins on call, she said CL is 4L
By the end of the call, she increased the limit to 5L and submitted my application. I didn't request for any credit limit increases. Then she submitted with a spelling mistake in my email id.
I haven't recieved the card yet. Can I correct it at the time of activation?

Edit 18/05 : I called Indusind customer care and they confirmed it was from their sales team only

Edit 27/05 : I got the Legend LTF card but limit was only 75k. I called the customer care again and even though their agent said 5L limit, they said they can't offer it. So I cancelled the card immediately

Last edited:
I got a call from IndusInd representative a few days ago saying HDFC bank has referred me and they are offering Legend LTF with 3L CL
By the end of the call, she increased the limit to 5L and submitted my application. I didn't request for any credit limit increases. Then she submitted with a spelling mistake in my email id.
:oops::rolleyes: why would bank will give your detail to another bank and explicitly mention they share your data with other banks and take cc and keep increasing CL and boom applied?

Looks like a spam to complete their Target and with incorrect email id, you won't get any result. In between, did you got a cibil score hit?

How do you even know whether she is from indusind? Always ask them to send a test email to your email ID. And ask them to send details from official email id. Agents won't have but they may send it from their team leader or manager.

I was extremely skeptical at first. She started with my name. Later she spelled out my PAN and asked me to verify it. This convinced me it was from the bank. Once the call was over, I got an SMS with the link to the application in the bank's website. I accepted the T&C then it went to the video KYC. I completed that next

Last edited:
Looks like a spam to complete their Target and with incorrect email id, you won't get any result. In between, did you got a cibil score hit?

How do you even know whether she is from indusind? Always ask them to send a test email to your email ID. And ask them to send details from official email id. Agents won't have but they may send it from their team leader or manager.
Yes I got a CIBIL hard pull
Thanks. From now, I will ask such callers to send email

Last edited:
Agree with @vaibhav111 , banks don't operate this way. It must be from card agents.
Do you mean independent agents those aren't associated with the bank ?
Have I been scammed ?
How did they have all my details ?
And the CC application is legit though. As I have mentioned, after the call was over, video KYC was done on the bank's site and I got an SMS with the application number

Have I been scammed ?
And the CC application is legit though. As I have mentioned, after the call was over, video KYC was done on the bank's site and I got an SMS with the application number
No since I asked my friend how did he applied for legend cc which he closed last week , he said agent begged pls sir apply you're pre qualified pre approved blah blah, and he was like ok and otp was shared and that it no VKYC either and he was sure no kvkyc, I did vkyc but it seem it wasn't submitted yet which is strange cause I have no application number for the legend cc I applied today so you haven't been scam but that person said anytime so you apply via his link

Have I been scammed ?
This may be genuine and probably they purchased HDFC Bank database given what the agent has said 😄 now please call or email the bank by taking details from the website and give the application number and ask for correction. It will be great if you can visit a nearby branch in person.

There are too many scams going on and please exercise caution in future.

Fix the email issue. Rest is already done. If you like the card, keep it. You could have applied using indus website to avoid this. Always ask for variant and ask them to call back after a day. You can analyze and take action.

I have made some questionable decisions when someone puts pressure to take quick action. These agents do that and we need to ask them to call after a day. Time usually makes our decisions wiser. This is a note for self. :-)

Last edited:
This may be genuine and probably they purchased HDFC Bank database given what the agent has said 😄 now please call or email the bank by taking details from the website and give the application number and ask for correction. It will be great if you can visit a nearby branch in person.

There are too many scams going on and please exercise caution in future.
Thanks. I will confirm it with the bank
Sure. Definitely will be more cautious from now...

I got the Legend LTF card but limit was only 75k. I called the customer care again and even though their agent said 5L limit they said they can't offer it. So I cancelled the card immediately

Almost all banks these days outsource the team for CC sales. These teams have targets to sell a particular number of cards a day/week which does not depend on the bank. Once you go for the process and give your details, a file is made by them with your details that you gave. The same file is then transferred to their colleague to get you to get a card from another bank for which you might be eligible.

Just once ask "koi aur bank ka card hai" and they'll spill all the names 😂

Back