• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(SOLVED) IDFC wealth cc lounge: when do the spend based access kick in?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
idfc wealth has spend based lounge access. we have to spend 5k to get the access in next month.

I completed my 5k transaction 3 days back and it is also showing up in the idfc app.

but dreamfolks app still says that the condition was not met and that I don't have access, today on 1st nov.

does it take time to start reflecting?

HarshKK14

TF Buzz
• Basis spends in previous month, this benefit will be activated by 5th of next month and will be valid till 5th of consecutive month

It will kick in on 5th November as per their term and condition on page number 2 of following link

I have a doubt here. If my flight is on 5th December, when will I have to make the 5k payment? In the month of October or November?

Benefit (lounge access) will be activated by 5th of next month and will be valid till
5th of consecutive month.

This statement is a bit confusing. This should mean if I make 5k payment in either Oct or Nov, I should get lounge access on 5th of Dec.

helloworld

TF Legend
I have a doubt here. If my flight is on 5th December, when will I have to make the 5k payment? In the month of October or November?

Benefit (lounge access) will be activated by 5th of next month and will be valid till
5th of consecutive month.

This statement is a bit confusing. This should mean if I make 5k payment in either Oct or Nov, I should get lounge access on 5th of Dec.

Ex: Assume, you have spend 5k using IDFC Wealth card between Nov 1st-30th (Calendar Month).

Benefit (lounge access) will be activated by 5th of next month
5th of next month = 5th of Dec.

and will be valid till 5th of consecutive month.
till 5th of consecutive month of next month = 4th of Jan EOD.

So, it is valid from 5th of Dec to 4th of Jan.

1699113256963.png

Last edited:

HarshKK14

TF Buzz
Ex: Assume, currently we're in November...

5th of next month = 5th of Dec.

5th of consecutive month of next month = 5th of Jan.

So, it is valid from 5th of Dec to 5th of Jan - If you purchase 5k on November (Calendar Month).

1699113256963.png
That is fine. But if I do 5k payment in Dec, longe access should be activated by 5th of next month, i.e. 5th of Jan.

So essentially, 5th is a special day on which I can get longe access if I pay 5k in either Nov or Dec.

helloworld

TF Legend
Thanks a lot. This solved the confusion.

I wish IDFC kept limits similar to ICICI. ICICI requires 5k expenditure in last quarter. So no hassle of paying 5k a month to get longe the next month. Life should be made easy.

tell that to Kotak and HDFC now. It even need more spends. You feel IDFC nothing compared to them.

HarshKK14

TF Buzz
tell that to Kotak and HDFC now. It even need more spends. You feel IDFC nothing compared to them.
Sad life 😞
Kotak cards are mostly useless. Don't know expenditure criteria for longe in Kotak.
HDFC Bank has really bad lounge list. I think expenditure criteria was 15k (don't know monthly or quarterly).

I am sticking to ICICI wealth debit card, IDFC wealth debit card, IDFC select cc.