• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sould I close MMT singature if I have axis atlas and ICICI Coral ltf

blaze

TF Select
I got ICICI MMT signature last month whose 1st billing date is on 28th December. This month I got Coral Rupay ltf. And, I just upgraded to axis atlas.

So my question is should I close my mmt signature card since I already have coral rupay and I get lounge access via atlas? Will the joining fee be reversed?

The only caveat I could think of is what if in some icici offer rupay variant is not accepted? Also is there any special visa signature benefits? I already have a visa infinite card but I might close it in a year or so as its fd based.

Thanks in advance for your help🤞

telescope

TF Ace
I got ICICI MMT signature last month whose 1st billing date is on 28th December. This month I got Coral Rupay ltf. And, I just upgraded to axis atlas.

So my question is should I close my mmt signature card since I already have coral rupay and I get lounge access via atlas? Will the joining fee be reversed?

The only caveat I could think of is what if in some icici offer rupay variant is not accepted? Also is there any special visa signature benefits? I already have a visa infinite card but I might close it in a year or so as its fd based.

If you already activated it then you cannot get back joining fees. I think mmt signature has no annual charges, if that's the case then you may keep it.

Chances of coral rupay not working in icici offer is negligible.

jk51

TF Premier

MMT signature card post joining fee doesn’t charge anything annually so no harm in keeping the same. Apart from offer concerns you’ll be able to get visa signature benefits without bothering about retaining the card. Do try out times primes offer eligibility for this card bin you might get lucky.

This the link for the ongoing offer

blaze

TF Select
MMT signature card post joining fee doesn’t charge anything annually so no harm in keeping the same. Apart from offer concerns you’ll be able to get visa signature benefits without bothering about retaining the card. Do try out times primes offer eligibility for this card bin you might get lucky.

This the link for the ongoing offer

Nah, times prime offer isn't applicable on this card. Also there's not many visa signature benefits. I can live without it. Lets see, if they refund the joining fee, I will cancel the card.

blaze

TF Select
Update:
They didn't refund the joining fee🥲. So will have to use the card. The only benefit after extensive research I could find is I get 3% extra off on Monday on flight booking on mmt and 1% mycash as cashback.

So for a 5k flight - 150 extra off 500 cashback.

But again, I can get the same flight with a 12% discounted price 90% of the time on travel without so much hassle of waiting for monday or spending so much time on mmt. Also to use this 500 wait for 1 month and use it on mmt only.

Not gonna use this card anymore unless I need lounge access but even for that 5k spend is needed😪.

blaze

TF Select
I would suggest not to close, mmt signature doesn't have annual fee, so after paying joining fees it will kind of be LTF card.
Nah, its just that if I already have anothe ltf icici card for sale discount and for lounge access I have other premium cards, spending 5k per quarter on this card doesn't nake sense.

Thanks for the help

blaze

TF Select
If you already activated it then you cannot get back joining fees. I think mmt signature has no annual charges, if that's the case then you may keep it.

Chances of coral rupay not working in icici offer is negligible.
I shouldn't have made any transaction. That 2 rupee verification charge came biting back🥲. Thanks for the help though.

telescope

TF Ace
Nah, its just that if I already have anothe ltf icici card for sale discount and for lounge access I have other premium cards, spending 5k per quarter on this card doesn't nake sense.

Thanks for the help
Mmt signature doesn't need 5k spending for lounge access.

See this link

Mmt signature doesn't need 5k spending for lounge access.

See this link

It does require 5000 spends in the last quarter to get lounge access in the current quarter. The link you shared is a recent change which applies to other cards(35k spend) but excludes MMT signature since it already had a spend condition.