• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered CC Suggestions

SC smart is good if you want cashback card for low spends.
SC ultimate is their premium and good rewarding card if you have good spends and would really be able to extract value out of the points gained for the gift vouchers they offer.
SC Easemytrip is a great travel card for EMT discounts but recently it isn't being issued easily.

How does this card fare against other CASHBACK cards like SBI Cashback card? I checked it offers only 2% cashback where as Sbi offers 5%.
Yes, it doesn't fare good. Take SC cards only when you are trying to optimise your card portfolio for certain scenarios which are not covered by your other cards better than SC CCs. Also take them only when you are confident you will extract more value than fee to be paid or if you are getting them LTF.
In my first post, I only told about considerable SC CCs as that was all you had asked...

what’s the reward rate of Ultimate card?
You can extract 3.33% reward rate for points earned on spending. Also like I mentioned, you have to buy Gift vouchers using these points to extract the return. The gift cards offered by SC are not so common ones like Amazon, Flipkart etc. In general, very few people agree that SC GVs are useful. Take a look first at the GVs offered and then decide.

SC Smart has very few exclusions unlike SBI CB.
  • 2% flat cashback on each online spend, up to Rs.1000 every month
  • 1% flat cashback on each offline spend except fuel purchases, up to Rs.500 every month
Please note that for Bill Payments through Billdesk or StanChart Bill Pay, only transactions on Billers registered under the following categories will be eligible for cashback:

• Telecom
  • Utilities (Electricity, Water, Gas)

Fuel transactions are not eligible for cashback.

* Taken from SC website.

Rent has 1% processing fee

I received a call from a Standard Chartered executive asking if I need a card. When I looked at their cards, I noticed that their EaseMyTrip card offers a priority pass with 2 international lounge accesses per year.
They also mentioned that even add-on card holders will get the priority pass. I'm considering applying for this card just for the priority pass. Is there any catch?

I received a call from a Standard Chartered executive asking if I need a card. When I looked at their cards, I noticed that their EaseMyTrip card offers a priority pass with 2 international lounge accesses per year.
They also mentioned that even add-on card holders will get the priority pass. I'm considering applying for this card just for the priority pass. Is there any catch?
You can go ahead and apply. Like I mentioned in few posts above, SC EMT card is not getting issued easily recently though so all the best.

Sc EMT offers only 2 international lounges in a year.
It does comes with Priority Passes.

Back