• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a HDFC Salary / Savings Bank Account for CC

avndp

TF Buzz
Currently I have my salary account with SBI with net monthly credit of Rs.70k. Have taken HDFC Neu+, Axis Ace and Apay ICICI 3 months back.

Thinking to open a HDFC salary/ savings account in the month of March, 24, as my company allows change of bank account only once a financial year.
For a monthly credit of Rs.70k which type of account will be good? I don't mind if it is a salary account of savings account. I'm looking to get a core credit card through this account, preferably a Regalia (with a view to upgrade to DCB at later stages)

HDFC banking and CC relationships different, one can get credit cards purely on separate basis without any banking relationship.

With your salary you can get mostly DCP or if tried Regalia. Visit any branch and apply through C2C or Payslips, no account needed or useful in this case.

HDFC banking and CC relationships different, one can get credit cards purely on separate basis without any banking relationship.

With your salary you can get mostly DCP or if tried Regalia. Visit any branch and apply through C2C or Payslips, no account needed or useful in this case.
I think C2C won't work if you already have a HDFC Card. I've a Neu+ card taken 3 months bank with 50k limit. On others- I've a limit of 1l each on Amazon ICICI and Axis Ace, both taken 3 months back.

Currently I have my salary account with SBI with net monthly credit of Rs.70k. Have taken HDFC Neu+, Axis Ace and Apay ICICI 3 months back.

Thinking to open a HDFC salary/ savings account in the month of March, 24, as my company allows change of bank account only once a financial year.
For a monthly credit of Rs.70k which type of account will be good? I don't mind if it is a salary account of savings account. I'm looking to get a core credit card through this account, preferably a Regalia (with a view to upgrade to DCB at later stages)
No Need to open Salary Account with HDFC , in the near future..
First get your income increased.. or get a very good other bank card with high limit..
GO to HDFC Bank and present the facts and give them offer to open salary account with them provided they give directly DCB...
Start with DCB / Regalia Gold.. with high CL ..
until then don't take any HDFC CC..

I think C2C won't work if you already have a HDFC Card. I've a Neu+ card taken 3 months bank with 50k limit

When in the hands of agents or who knows how it works, everything works. check with them once and see if its possible or not.

Just saying because HDFC salary account has no benefit over direct application and even if you open salary with them, still you have 1 card from them and may not get pre-approved offer higher than Millennia.

So, try and apply through C2C or Payslips whichever works and find whether opening bank account works or not too, it might give you more clarity.

As you already have HDFC Tata Neu+ then firstly I would suggest get it closed in the first and then with you payslips apply for those credit cards which provides you with generous credit limit and after you have 3L+ limit on that card then you can get Regalia C2C.

So, long story short, it is a long journey as of now, so, my suggestion is to get as many LTF cards as you can.

For multiple CC management, you can use CRED.

Reactions: SSV
Btw, you have a very good card collection which works UPI, Bill Payments, Most of the Online and Offline Spends. And if possible use your SBI salary and get 1 SBI card and you're good for sometime without needing another card.

Shifting rewards for small spends on multiple cards doesn't provide any benefit to any card. Think once.

Reactions: SSV
I used to have salary account in ICICI and SBI for 7 years. 6 months back, I had switched to HDFC. Now, I think I should have done it 3 years back. The best thing you get from HDFC bank is the debit card. Also, if you are a hdfc cc holder then you have to wait for 5 months to build relationships to get higher credit limit. SBI is only good if you are planning to take loans. But don't worry even if you dont have SBI salary account, you will get the loans at the same rate. Don't close your SBI account as it requires zero balance.

No Need to open Salary Account with HDFC , in the near future..
First get your income increased.. or get a very good other bank card with high limit..
GO to HDFC Bank and present the facts and give them offer to open salary account with them provided they give directly DCB...
Start with DCB / Regalia Gold.. with high CL ..
until then don't take any HDFC CC..
I dint know these details when I started a salary account with hdfc. I already get around 85k net but they started me off with money-back + and now I got the Millenia through offers ( both cards are active ) . Should I renegotiate with them for DCB or Regalia Gold ? I'm hoping for a hike by October as well fyi.

I dint know these details when I started a salary account with hdfc. I already get around 85k net but they started me off with money-back + and now I got the Millenia through offers ( both cards are active ) . Should I renegotiate with them for DCB or Regalia Gold ? I'm hoping for a hike by October as well fyi.
85k not work for dcb, might try gold but that depends on luck.

Bargain with HDFC Corporate salary account team for preferred based on salary credit with no AMB requirements. If not agreed for preferred bargain for at least classic. They should give it.

I did it 3 years back, they gave preferred based on salary credit and no AMB requirement.

Bargain with HDFC Corporate salary account team for preferred based on salary credit with no AMB requirements. If not agreed for preferred bargain for at least classic. They should give it.

I did it 3 years back, they gave preferred based on salary credit and no AMB requirement.

salary = classic = preferred = imperia = no AMB

Back