• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions for best bank for SSY account for girl child

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm looking to open SSY account for girl child.
Which is the best bank among HDFC, ICICI, Axis or SBI for SSY account?
If anyone opened SSY account, they can share their experience.

I have in ICICI.
They will open 2 account (1st minor account MAB 2500 and other SSY account ).
SSY branches are limited .so this account takes couple of days to open..both the account will be tagged.

Reason given is when SSY matures .they will transfer money to other ICICI account

No complain so far..have been 3 years I think

I had opened in SBI since my wife had already a savings account in SBI. While opening they insisted on getting the Aadhar of child despite having birth certificate. Also I couldn't get net banking faciltiy. So have to depend on passbook for updates. The passbook can be updated at SBI ATM,so not much of a issue. Other than that no issues

I had opened in SBI since my wife had already a savings account in SBI. While opening they insisted on getting the Aadhar of child despite having birth certificate. Also I couldn't get net banking faciltiy. So have to depend on passbook for updates. The passbook can be updated at SBI ATM,so not much of a issue. Other than that no issues
you could request for net banking facility. I have that and use it for deposits

I have in ICICI.
They will open 2 account (1st minor account MAB 2500 and other SSY account ).
SSY branches are limited .so this account takes couple of days to open..both the account will be tagged.

Reason given is when SSY matures .they will transfer money to other ICICI account

No complain so far..have been 3 years I think
HDFC Bank also has same process..two accounts one minor savings and SSY account

you could request for net banking facility. I have that and use it for deposits
But when i inquired for net banking while opening SSY account they asked me to open a savings account to get net banking and i didn't want another savings account. Anyways i will ask them again when i visit the branch.
Thanks

Back