• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

tap-to-pay using mobile NFC doesn't work at airport lounge

ltf4ever

TF Legend
sharing my experience, might help many of you:

i had saved a few credit cards on my mobile payment apps so that i need not carry them in my wallet. these cards work for payment via NFC.

but when i asked the lounge receptionist to use my mobile for swiping and he touched the mobile to the machine, the machine showed that lounge access was not available on my card.

i was about to escalate to the bank that their card that should have lounge access was being declined. but the next time i presented the physical card at the same lounge and it worked.

maybe they have intentionally disabled this feature so that only people having the physical card (and hence, a way for receptionist to match name on boarding pass and the card) can use the lounge and that makes it non-transferable.

open to other experiences that you may have had.

i had saved a few credit cards on my mobile payment apps so that i need not carry them in my wallet. these cards work for payment via NFC.

but when i asked the lounge receptionist to use my mobile for swiping and he touched the mobile to the machine, the machine showed that lounge access was not available on my card.

i was about to escalate to the bank that their card that should have lounge access was being declined. but the next time i presented the physical card at the same lounge and it worked.

maybe they have intentionally disabled this feature so that only people having the physical card (and hence, a way for receptionist to match name on boarding pass and the card) can use the lounge and that makes it non-transferable.

All the airport lounges i have been to, they never allowed payment via NFC, always asked for the physical card always.
I had asked them many times to pay via NFC, but they never allowed.

Also in my experience they never matched the passenger name with the card holder name. They just ask that you should have a separate card for each passenger. (Recently i used my 4 cards for 3 passengers travelling for me).

Initially they allow your children if you make request and make complete payment.
For making full payments no matter physical card is not mandatory for using free it needs your physical card.

All the airport lounges i have been to, they never allowed payment via NFC, always asked for the physical card always.
I had asked them many times to pay via NFC, but they never allowed.

Also in my experience they never matched the passenger name with the card holder name. They just ask that you should have a separate card for each passenger. (Recently i used my 4 cards for 3 passengers travelling for me).
So if I have lounge access in 3 of my cc so if a friend is traveling with me can they use my cc?

So if I have lounge access in 3 of my cc so if a friend is traveling with me can they use my cc?
yes. they just ask you to use a different card for each person. anyways, cards have a limit of a single complimentary lounge usage per day per card. so it is not possible to swipe the same card twice even though you have complimentary visits left (might not be the case for cards with unlimited complimentary visits, plz confirm)

though a couple of years back, they used to strictly check my name on card and boarding pass!

yes. they just ask you to use a different card for each person. anyways, cards have a limit of a single complimentary lounge usage per day per card. so it is not possible to swipe the same card twice even though you have complimentary visits left (might not be the case for cards with unlimited complimentary visits, plz confirm)

though a couple of years back, they used to strictly check my name on card and boarding pass!
Which airport you used last on?

Even with the limited access card I swiped the same card twice on the same day.

Back