• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to add ICICI Sapphiro MasterCard to Google Pay for Tap & Pay using NFC

Hey everyone!

I recently got my ICICI Sapphiro (MasterCard + Amex) credit card through the alumni offer. I tried adding the MC variant to Google Pay for Tap & Pay transactions through NFC using my phone. However, after entering the details and accepting T&C, I'm only getting the option of calling the bank customer care for verification. There is no option for OTP through SMS/email. I tried adding a couple of cards (SBI CC and Axis DC) that my parents have and for both, I got the SMS OTP option and I was able to add them. Has anyone else faced this issue, specifically with Sapphiro MC and GPay? I called customer care several times and they were of no help. I also faced the same issue while adding it to Paytm.

P.S. My phone does have NFC with contactless payments enabled. The mobile number linked to CC and GPay are the same. I've also set the default payment app as GPay.

Thanks!

So far Mastercards credit from RBL and Mastercard debit from IndusInd given me OTP issues in GPay. Swiggy HDFC Mastercard working fine. Briefly IndusInd Visa had OTP not coming for verification issue, solved by replacing the card with new numbers.
If I understood you correctly, basically getting a new card (probably with different bin) solved the issue, right?

If I understood you correctly, basically getting a new card (probably with different bin) solved the issue, right?
Mastercard OTP issues were never resolved so I complained to RBI and force RBL Bank to issue their MC card in Visa (they were denying). For IndusInd Visa CC for which verification OTP was not coming, I got the card reissued with new numbers after which OTP came. The BIN (first 6 digits) didn't change as it's the same card reissued.

Back