• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tataneu Card FAQ received in SMS

blacktiger

TF Premier
Floater - FAQs

1. What are the credit limit and cash limit on this newly issued card?

For your immediate usage, the additional card was issued with a limit of Rs.5,000/- only. Subsequently, within 5 working days, we have done the necessary configurations to ensure that the original limit prevalent on your existing HDFC Bank credit card(s) is available as a shared limit on the new card as well.

For instance, if the credit limit on your existing card was 2 lakhs and the cash limit was Rs.80,000/-, the same limit is set on the new card as well. You can choose to use either of the two cards for the combined credit limit of 2 lakhs or a cash limit of Rs.80,000/-.

2. What if I am already holding two or more credit cards with the Bank prior opting for this incremental card; will you be adding up the limits of the existing cards as part of the floater conversion?
You are right! In case a customer is already holding two or more existing credit cards, then the aggregate limit is considered for arriving at shared/floater limit.

For instance, assume you are holding a HDFC Bank Regalia credit card with a limit of 5 lakhs and HDFC Bank Diners Black card with a limit of 3 lakhs. Upon availing the 3rd card, say Tata Neu HDFC Bank credit card, your existing limits will be consolidated, and 8 lakhs (i.e., sum of 5 lakhs and 3 lakhs) will be made as a shared/floater limit across all three card accounts.

3. Now that I understand the credit limit on my cards must be shared, how does Bank calculate and communicate the available credit or cash limit?
Like in the case of the credit limit, the available credit or cash limit is also displayed by considering the usage of both the cards.

For instance, the customer has an existing card ABCD with a credit limit of 2 lacs and the second card WXYZ is issued additionally as a floater/shared limit card. Assuming ABCD card is utilised for a limit of 1.50 lacs and WXYZ card is utilised for a limit of Rs.40,000/-. Accordingly, the combined usage is Rs.1,90,000/-. The available credit limit for this customer will be shown as Rs.10,000/-.

Accordingly, the transaction SMS communication from the Bank will indicate the available credit limit on both the cards as Rs.10,000/-.

4. What about the credit card ATM PIN for withdrawal of Cash or usage in point-of-sale outlets?
ATM PIN is unique for each card. Hence, you have the flexibility of setting different ATM PIN on each of the cards for your security.

You can now easily set your credit card ATM PIN by calling our dedicated IVR service number 18602660333. To know more on ATM PIN generation, please refer the welcome kit sent along with the card.

5. For enabling card usage for International / Online / Contactless etc., should I do it separately on each card account?
That’s right. Like ATM PIN, the card usage settings can be enabled or disabled as per your convenience on each of the cards.

For instance, the customer has an existing card ABCD with a credit limit of 2 lacs and the second card WXYZ is issued additionally as a floater/shared limit card. The customer has the flexibility to enable or disable or limit the usage against International, ATM withdrawal, Contactless, Online separately on each card account. Please refer below table for illustrations:

Card No.
Credit LimitDomestic UsageInternational Usage
Point of SaleATM withdrawal

Online usage
Contactless usagePoint of SaleATM withdrawalOnline usageContactless usage
ABCD2,00,0002,00,00080,00005,0001,00,00002,00,0000
WXYZ2,00,0001,00,00002,00,00002,00,00080,00005,000

6. How about my monthly statements, will I get a single consolidated statement or two different statements?
Yes, you will receive two individual card statements as the statement generation will happen independently on the respective card accounts. The statement will be sent to the email ID registered in the respective card account. We also provide flexibility for the customer to receive each card statement to different email addresses. For instance, you can either choose to receive e-statement of both the card to a single email ID or the existing card ABCD on your personal email ID and the second card WXYZ on your official email ID.

7. If statement generation is to happen independently on each card account, what about the repayment of the card due?
Repayment of card dues has to be done independently on the respective card account. For instance, let’s say the statement for Apr’22 dated 5th Apr’22, was generated with the total amount due of Rs.10,000/- on card ABCD and Rs.15,000/- on card WXYZ, with the due date as 25th Apr’22. Here, the customer will have to make two separate payments – one for Rs.10,000/- favouring card ABCD and Rs.15,000/- favouring card WXYZ. Please be informed that in the event of a default / delayed payment on one card account, there would be an impact/block on the other card as well. For more information, we request you to refer Cardmember Agreement that is sent as part of the welcome kit.

You can of course opt for an auto-debit facility on your HDFC Bank Savings/Current Account (if available) to automate the payments on the due date without having to keep track of your calendar.

8. I understand that monthly statement generation happens independently, and I also have to make separate payments against each card account. If so, will Bank provide me the flexibility to have different billing dates on each card account?
We generally keep the billing dates uniform across all cards so that it is easier for the customer to keep a track of the monthly statement and effect timely payment of card dues. Specific to Tata Neu HDFC Bank credit card program, the billing cycle on the Tata Neu card would be set as 1st of every month by default, even for already carded customers. In case you wish to opt for a change in the billing cycle of your choice for any of your card account, you may do so my contacting our customer service channels. Please be rest assured that change of billing cycle on any one card will not impact the billing date of the other card(s).

9. Now that I understand statement generation happens independently, I presume reward points accrual and redemption also will happen separately for each card account, doesn’t it?
BINGO! Since the reward points program varies from one card to another as per the product features, the accrual/redemption also will be considered independently.

10. Well, I am getting a hang of how this floater concept works. Can you explain to me how various Bank charges such as annual membership fee, late fee, finance charges, government taxes (GST), over-limit fee etc., will work?
All Bank charges as mentioned in the Schedule of Charges shared along with the welcome kit and also shared monthly through the statement, will be applicable on the individual card account as applicable. The standard GST charges as specified by the Government of India will be levied against the respective charges.

11. What about blocking of cards due to loss of card (or) temporary blocking of card (or) permanent cancellation of the card etc.?
Except for the payment default-related blocking as mentioned in Q. No. 6 above, all other card blocking initiated by the customer or by Bank for whatsoever reason, will take place independently. The only exception to this is when the cardholder is reported as Deceased or if the cardholder is found to be an NRI as per Bank records but holding a domestic variant card.

12. If I have changed my contact details (or) communication address (or) email ID, am I supposed to mention both my card accounts in the change request to Bank?
Since we as a Bank do not know whether the change request is permanent or temporary and some customers wish to have different communication address or mobile number on different accounts, we recommend mentioning all the accounts while providing the instruction to the Bank, in case the change has to be carried out on all the accounts.

13. Well, if I wish to take Add-On card for any of my family members, will I be allowed to avail it? If so, how does the limit sharing happen?
Yes, we would be glad to help you with the Add-On card for any of your spouse, parents, siblings, or children over 18 years of age. Upon issuance, the Add-On card member gets to share the limit available on the primary card. For more information, we request you to refer Cardmember Agreement that is sent as part of the welcome kit.

14. One last question. Whether I will be eligible for proactive Bank offers such as Smart EMI, Merchant EMI, Jumbo Loan, Limit Enhancement etc. despite having dual cards with floater feature?
Absolutely! You will be eligible for the proactive Bank offers such as Smart EMI, Smartpay, Accelerated Reward Points, Merchant EMI, Limit Enhancement etc., subject to eligibility as per Bank’s policy. Except for Limit Enhancement, all other features will be operated independently on the respective card account. The limit enhancement will happen on both the card account. For instance, cards ABCD and WXYZ have an existing shared credit limit of 2 lakhs each and the cardholder is pre-qualified for an additional limit of one lakh. Basis the customer’s acceptance of the offer, the limit on both the cards will be changed to 3 lakhs each as a shared credit limit.

The Jumbo loan facility which is offered over and above the current limit exposure, will not be available temporarily on the floater cards. Nevertheless, we are working intensely to make it available to our valuable customers. We request you to bear with us in the interim.

We believe you would have understood the floater card model from the above FAQs. We look forward to the continued opportunity of serving you as a valued customer.

Should you require any further support, please feel free to call our PhoneBanking services or write to us at customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com

Thanking you.
Note- This is a system generated communication. Please do not reply to this email.

Back