• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

TFS Travel Club Lounge (Near Gate 1), Chennai Airport Domestic Terminal Review

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
TFS operates 2 lounges at Domestic Terminal in Chennai: one near Gate 1 and the other near Gate 5 on the 3rd floor. Both the lounges are similar in their offering but the one near Gate 1 is larger and more spacious. Not to forget the beautiful interiors.

D6.jpg

Check-In:

Almost every card gives access to this lounge so the lounge can be crowded during peak hours. The lounge is generally understaffed to handle crowds during peak hours.

Ambience:

While the TFS Lounge near Gate 5 looks plain and dull, this one has amazing interiors. The lounge can be divided into 3 zones: On entering the lounge is the lounging area with charging points. The middle zone has the tables and chairs for dining. AT the corner are the high stools, which give a view of the gates.

D3.jpg
D4.jpg

Food:

One of my favourite lounges particularly due to the variety of food and beverages available at this lounge. The quality of food at this lounge is excellent. The fact that they keep changing the menu frequently is a good thing. There is a fridge for packaged beverages and water. Also, there is a machine installed for carbonated beverages. But, the best part is the filter coffee. Don't even think of skipping it. Alcohol is available on a paid basis.

There is a good variety of cut fruits and desserts as well. As is the case with main course, dessert menu also gets changed on a frequent basis.

D2.jpg
D1.jpg
D5.jpg
D7.jpg
D8.jpg

Conclusion:

My most visited lounge. This is actually a wonderful lounge. Scores high in all areas. No reason not to visit this lounge except the fact that crowd during peak hours can be a turn-off.

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The one near gate 1 (right after security)has a really conjusted food counter, service is sometimes slow there.

Been to gate 5 (left after security)side lounge, it was all good but AC was not operational, had a terrible sweat bath. We were like freezing when we cam out of the lounge!
But food options were good.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Agree, it is a better one compared to the other one near Gate 5 but this is a tad small and tightly packed. Chennai airport is anyway not much busy, so it is manageable. Yes, I always take my filter coffee here before boarding 👍

I am sitting here right now and this is the first time the staff told it is full and have to wait for 10 mins to enter. But queue is really small compared to Hyderabad, Bangalore and hence wait time is manageable.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Generally they are ok and don't really match card and boarding pass. But if sometimes the lounge is crowded like my last visit, they do check the name in card and boarding pass.

insight

TF Ace
Agree, it is a better one compared to the other one near Gate 5 but this is a tad small and tightly packed. Chennai airport is anyway not much busy, so it is manageable. Yes, I always take my filter coffee here before boarding 👍

I am sitting here right now and this is the first time the staff told it is full and have to wait for 10 mins to enter. But queue is really small compared to Hyderabad, Bangalore and hence wait time is manageable.
The one near gate 1 (right after security)has a really conjusted food counter, service is sometimes slow there.

Been to gate 5 (left after security)side lounge, it was all good but AC was not operational, had a terrible sweat bath. We were like freezing when we cam out of the lounge!
But food options were good.
Updates on both of these? Pros Cons for a MAA newbie coming after years.. ?

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Dont miss the coffee, the highlight.
Now both the lounges hv good ac,
Prefer the one on the right after security.
Its a normal lounge nothing so special like T2 KIA or nothing so bad,
swipe n enjoy

anyone who visits it during morning hours is in for a treat! Had a lovely spread of 'authentic' TN style breakfast and cut fruits, etc. was just too good. recommended for all south indian food lovers!