• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The Secret Method to Apply for a Super Premium and Luxury Credit Card!

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you in search of a specific super-premium or luxury credit card? Are you finding yourself ineligible based on the required income criteria? Do you lack the eligible credit limit on another bank's credit card for card-to-card method applications? There is another method you can use to apply for a luxury or super-premium credit card.

Typically, banks demand a substantial monthly income to qualify for their luxury or super-premium credit cards. However, not everyone earns such a significant income every month, making these luxury credit cards seemingly out of reach for many individuals (individuals like me, Gareeb aadmi 🥲). Jokes aside, there are a few alternative options available that you can explore to obtain such credit cards.

(Known Method, Widely Used) Maintaining a High Relationship Value with the Bank:
If you can maintain a very high relationship value (savings account balance, FDs, mutual funds invested via the bank), you can request the bank to issue the luxury or super-premium card you desire. Banks often approve requests through this method, and the required relationship value depends on the card category and demand. However, maintaining a high savings account balance or a large amount of FD or investing your money in mutual funds via the bank (regular mutual funds) may not be the most prudent choice.
While this method is widely used to obtain a super-premium credit card from a bank, I don't recommend it if the bank asks you to maintain a very high NRV (for example, more than 10 to 15 lakhs). There is an alternative method that is not very popular, and banks neither advertise such methods publicly nor include them in their eligibility criteria.

(Secret Method) Credit Card Against Net Worth:
Some banks offer you a credit card based on your net worth. For instance, you can get an Amex Platinum Charge Card even if you don't have the required income, you just need a car worth more than 25 lakhs in your name.
The method is straightforward: email the bank's grievance department, express your desire for the luxury credit card, and include your financial statements, such as stock holdings, mutual fund holdings, savings account balance across all banks, FDs, any other investments, and even mention your real estate or luxury cars.

Providing real-life examples, I used this method to get the Yes Private Credit Card about 1.5 years ago. I've also used this method to express my interest for the Amex Centurion Card, and they agreed to issue me the card. However, due to the substantial initiation fees, I decided not to apply for that particular card (gareeb aadmi).

Remember to attach financial documents like stock holding statements, NSDL CAS statements, or any other investment statements or proof of ownership with the email. The bank may accept your request and issue you the credit card. It's important to note that this method may not work for everyone, as the bank makes the final decision based on various factors and checks.

Last edited:
Easy to say but hard to do in real life.
Nothing is easy brother.
But You said right. It's not easy like water. Absolutely not for all, that's why sumanta da said these are secret methods.

And for the branch experience it depends on the branch peoples, branch types, nearby area and many factors. For example a 10L initial funding may not have any value to a metro city branch in posh area, but it may mean a compelling something for a rural branch of the same bank.

Lastly this community is all about sharing struggle. Ones struggle shows path to many.

Can you please tell the exact name of plan that you took and mainly it is of which company? As I also have to take 1 of these plans due to good IRR. And if possible, then how much premium per year and how many premium paying terms?
Took 2 plans:
PPT=Premium Paying Term
PT=Policy Term,(for which insurance is valid,,)
HDFC sanchay plus - PPT 10y, PT 16 yr, then payout annually over 12yr. This is highly customisable. IRR 6% (taxfree based on govt limit of Max ,5L premium, and some other rules)
Max life Smart wealth: PPT 10yr, PT 20yr, lumpsum 7% IRR tax-free
You can decide the premium (Max 5L per person for taxfree)
Give some random phone number, email on the websites, play around with numbers, put them in own Excel sheet for IRR calculation (4.5% GST 1st yr, 2.25% GST after that), and when you are ready, buy through RM, so that he gets commission and becomes happy)

Last edited:
Took 2 plans:
PPT=Premium Paying Term
PT=Policy Term,(for which insurance is valid,,)
HDFC sanchay plus - PPT 10y, PT 16 yr, then payout annually over 12yr. This is highly customisable. IRR 6% (taxfree based on govt limit of Max ,5L premium, and some other rules)
Max life Smart wealth: PPT 10yr, PT 20yr, lumpsum 7% IRR tax-free
You can decide the premium (Max 5L per person for taxfree)
Give some random phone number, email on the websites, play around with numbers, put them in own Excel sheet for IRR calculation (4.5% GST 1st yr, 2.25% GST after that), and when you are ready, buy through RM, so that he gets commission and becomes happy)
Yeah planning to take Max life smart health. Same 10 PPT 20 PT, IRR is very good in this.

And before upgrading to Infinia, which card you had and with what limit? Mainly, I want to know this to check whose approval RM can get once they get good chunk of money through these policies.

Yeah planning to take Max life smart health. Same 10 PPT 20 PT, IRR is very good in this.

And before upgrading to Infinia, which card you had and with what limit? Mainly, I want to know this to check whose approval RM can get once they get good chunk of money through these policies.
Regalia for many years with 20L limit. Salary account with HDFC since 13 yrs. NRV of family was around 20L for couple of years. But worst RMs earlier who didn't help with Infinia or anything. The new RM got Infinia as a goodwill even before I decided on the policy.

How tricking pls explain
Both the mates having LTF Infinia are my colleagues and work in my office. Both of them had Home Loan from HDFC and threatened to move loan elsewhere. As a retention they got Infinia LTF. See this what one of them shared with me.
HDFC Home Loan screwed Bank peope and got this done as part of customer retention.

This trick worked for at least 2 team mates I personally know.
1705995709263.png

Attachments

• 1705995673721.png
    1705995673721.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 93
Both the mates having LTF Infinia are my colleagues and work in my office. Both of them had Home Loan from HDFC and threatened to move loan elsewhere. As a retention they got Infinia LTF. See this what one of them shared with me.
HDFC Home Loan screwed Bank peope and got this done as part of customer retention.

This trick worked for at least 2 team mates I personally know.
View attachment 41036
I'm actually going to do something similar with both my salary account as well as home loan. HDFC has been a disappointment when it comes to overall banking experience. No benefits, premium cards for maintaining such a trv with them. This mail helps a lot in that regard. Anyways, home loan with HDFC is not worth it with their prepayment and foreclosure charges being absurd and a process so dated that even 1970s banking looks progressive in comparison

Due to posts like this on TF and DD (and probably from influencers on YT/Insta), it has most likely become a nightmare to work in the credit card processing teams of various issuers :p
Everyone wants the most premium credit card LTF from their respective card issuer. The gentle(wo)men request. The others threaten :rolleyes:

You cannot. I have tried it for a year. They will promise to get a waiver but nothing happens. 60 lakhs is nothing for HDFC.
Move those deposits and show them that they are liquid money. Then it will make the bank do what you want. If they don't... Well you can check what is happening to their stock prices these days.
HDFC's arrogance over it's business will lead to stagnation. If not today then tomorrow.

Move those deposits and show them that they are liquid money. Then it will make the bank do what you want. If they don't... Well you can check what is happening to their stock prices these days.
HDFC's arrogance over it's business will lead to stagnation. If not today then tomorrow.
Already received Infinia with a different method. Moving a small amount like 50 lakhs isn't going to bother a large bank. I routinely break FDs and move money in several crores and no one ever bothers except small fiance banks. Their RM and sometimes their manager calls and requests funds. Large banks never bother for such trivial amounts (trivial from their point of view).

Already received Infinia with a different method. Moving a small amount like 50 lakhs isn't going to bother a large bank. I routinely break FDs and move money in several crores and no one ever bothers except small fiance banks. Their RM and sometimes their manager calls and requests funds. Large banks never bother for such trivial amounts (trivial from their point of view).
If they start thinking like this then they won't care for any customer. Each and every customer is important for the bank. Customers above 30L NRV surely are most important.

If they start thinking like this then they won't care for any customer. Each and every customer is important for the bank. Customers above 30L NRV surely are most important.
Definitely, a customer above 30 lakhs is important. That's why they offer Imperia programme to them. However, it is unlikely they will bend rules and get special approvals at that threshold. It could happen if you have a knowledge and zealous RM or BM but generally I haven't seen them too keen to do it. It is also a matter of luck like branch location, if they are behind on targets or there is a new RM or BM who is keen to get more business etc.

I don't understand the hype with Infinia and why HDFC make such a big deal about it.

a)This has a monthly cap of 15000.you can not redeem more than 1.5L points in a year.No Elite staus,No meet n greet or airport transfer.

b)worst part is no fixed criteria.i have seen of forum people have ITR more than 50L,last 6 months spends 10L,relationship with bank 60L and still go declined by bank.

c)I think those who not have infinia would do fine with M4B and Amex Plat charge.you can maybe add Diners Black Metal with it.

I am not saying its not a good card just feel its overhyped.its only good for someone having moderate spending.For High spenders M4B and Plat charge are better cards.

I don't understand the hype with Infinia and why HDFC make such a big deal about it.

a)This has a monthly cap of 15000.you can not redeem more than 1.5L points in a year.No Elite staus,No meet n greet or airport transfer.

b)worst part is no fixed criteria.i have seen of forum people have ITR more than 50L,last 6 months spends 10L,relationship with bank 60L and still go declined by bank.

c)I think those who not have infinia would do fine with M4B and Amex Plat charge.you can maybe add Diners Black Metal with it.

I am not saying its not a good card just feel its overhyped.its only good for someone having moderate spending.For High spenders M4B and Plat charge are better cards.
I agree with you whole-heartedly. It is not a general purpose card by any stretch of imagination. It suits only a particular category that spends at least a few lakhs a year on CCs and travels by flights or stays in hotels at least a couple of times a year. There is a herd-mentality / FOMO factor here.

I agree what you said frankly speaking I am shelling out 1l for annual fees for my other banks credit card. did not bother about annual fees, it's just infina metal is visa varaint or else I would have gone for dcb metal. would not care at first place about the infina metal card

After reading all the posts on this thread. I wanted to share my 2 cents and experience of getting infinia.
You don't need to resort to cheap thrills like threatening the bank. To get a super premium card, all you need is an existing card with 5-8 lakhs limit and a decent spending in last 6 months on the card. I had a Regalia with around 6 lakhs limit, did 3-4 lakhs of spend and got an offer to upgrade to DCB with 8 lakhs limit (Jan 23). Then 6 months down the line I did another 7-8 lakh spends on the DCB and wrote to HDFC to upgrade to Infinia(Oct 23) which they declined first but then approved when I wrote to PNO.
Simple and easy.

Last edited:
After reading all the posts on this thread. I wanted to share my 2 cents and experience of getting infinia.
You don't need to resort to cheap thrills like threatening the bank. To get a super premium card, all you need is an existing card with 5-8 lakhs limit and a decent spending in last 6 months on the card. I had a Regalia with around 6 lakhs limit, did 3-4 lakhs of spend and got an offer to upgrade to DCB with 8 lakhs limit (Jan 23). Then 6 months down the line I did another 7-8 lakh spends on the DCB and wrote to HDFC to upgrade to Infinia(Oct 23) which they declined first but then approved when I wrote to PNO.
Simple and easy.
Well said. I am also very old customer of HDFC and since 2018 bank has gone greedy and unpredictable. I will be posting a separate thread explaining how and why I am moving away from HDFC in search of premium feel , service and some banking pleasure.

Banking in India is all about daily struggle and one need to find right place(s) which vibe with you. Some may have good experience with HDFC and some may contradict and this the case with all banks. No single Bank in India can give you total peace of mind -> you need at least 2 or more. This is what I understood by having relationship (that too significant 1.0 CR TRV + 1 CR home loan + Car Loan + Policies + Mutual Funds + DMAT) with single bank - HDFC. They wont budge on their own till you pinch hard.

true hdfc and cards and well past their prime and dying a slow death. Good to get, but not at all worth spending too much time or effort .

Back