• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The strange case of Vistara card rejections

bulldozer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I tried applying for Vistara co-branded cards from SBI, IDFC, and Axis and the results have not been that great.

SBI - Online application portal complained that the pincode is not supported. Took to customer care and kept escalating until they told me they couldn't provide this and I could try after 6 months

IDFC - Again, I tried the online portal and though I tried to apply for the Club Vistara card, it got redirected to the Wow card which I am not interested in. Checked with customer care and they say that only when I am offered a card I can get it.

Axis - They called for KYC post the online application and on finding that I don't own a savings bank account, I was told that you may need to do manual KYC. With Magnus, a person visited my home in 3-4 days after my application. But for Vistara, it has been about 10 days, there has been no update. Have written to customer care but no response yet.

Is anybody else facing this? Also if you know a way to proceed with any of these cards, please let me know.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. Both Axis and SBI have rejected my application. Can't even find a way to apply with IDFC. Any luck on ur side? @arun4455 @bulldozer
Not yet.
With SBI, they have asked to wait for 6 months. But I might try my luck with an agent you usually find in malls. I might also try applying with a different pincode later. But I'm not too confident about this.

IDFC - I don't have any hopes. pathetic customer care.

Axis - CC says they can't find my application in their database. I have provided them with my application ID and also screenshot of confirmation SMS, but they still don't have it. Have asked me to wait for about 15 days for the manual collection of docs. This has not happened yet, planning to follow up after a week.

Not yet.
With SBI, they have asked to wait for 6 months. But I might try my luck with an agent you usually find in malls. I might also try applying with a different pincode later. But I'm not too confident about this.

IDFC - I don't have any hopes. pathetic customer care.

Axis - CC says they can't find my application in their database. I have provided them with my application ID and also screenshot of confirmation SMS, but they still don't have it. Have asked me to wait for about 15 days for the manual collection of docs. This has not happened yet, planning to follow up after a week.
Tried again with IDFC today, somehow got to apply for vistara card. This is the 4th time between(4 cibil hits!). Yet to do video kyc, hopefully i can get this card.

Tried again with IDFC today, somehow got to apply for vistara card. This is the 4th time between(4 cibil hits!). Yet to do video kyc, hopefully i can get this card.
Did you try from web portal or any other link? Were you earlier offered any other card while trying Vistara? I was always being offered WOW card. I was not planning to, but seeing your case, I will try again

My Axis card has been approved. For SBI, I had checked the reason for rejection. According to them, I have overall limit more than my salary, therefore, they had denied my card.
Congrats.
I did try SBI again today. Instead of a message that says "area not serviceable", I got a similar message to yours. Basically, I was shown a set of cards based on my "limit"
My wait continues

Did you try from web portal or any other link? Were you earlier offered any other card while trying Vistara? I was always being offered WOW card. I was not planning to, but seeing your case, I will try again
Web portal link only from the vistara idfc page. This time chose axis Magnus as existing CC and chose a higher salary of 1.8L per month. Will update after kyc today.

If you are from Pune, i have an agent from axis bank who processed my vistara infinte application. Got delivered within 4 days. You should have an existing axis card for smooth process.

Back