• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Times Prime - Subscription is not same for all

tsj49

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
DCB is giving annual subscription of timesprime on Annual spends of 8L. I had got it last year and applied it.
Recently there was one offer of EazyDiners 6 months membership but when I applied, it landed me to the payment page which was strange.
When I raised this concern, I got this reply,
"We regret and understand your concern. We would like to inform you that as of now the offer is only available for paid users only who have subscribed to Times Prime annual membership by paying Rs.1199."
This is very strange thing TimesPrime is doing to the customers. So even if you earn the coupon OR buy from somewhere else, the benefits would be different for the person who buy it using cash. I am not sure what other offers/benefits which are affected because of this condition. Now I doubt I am seeing all the offers. They might have hidden some offers which only members (who paid through cash) can see.

Last edited:
Just yesterday I was looking for the sony liv membership, and found the same. Got it from DCB, next to no offers. It was not the case before.

This feels very rude when we have earned the membership by doing something and even after that, we are not eligible for the benefits. It feels like it's useless.

It seems they changed it recently, I was able to claim everything with the TP membership I received from DCP.

DCB is giving annual subscription of timesprime on Annual spends of 8L. I had got it last year and applied it.
Recently there was one offer of EazyDiners 6 months membership but when I applied, it landed me to the payment page which was strange.
"We regret and understand your concern. We would like to inform you that as of now the offer is only available for paid users only who have subscribed to Times Prime annual membership by paying Rs.1199."
This is very strange thing TimesPrime is doing to the customers. So even if you earn the coupon OR buy from somewhere else, the benefits would be different for the person who buy it using cash. I am not sure what other offers/benefits which are affected because of this condition.
thanks for the info. I was making all my spends from other cards to DCB to get welcome benefit (1.5L). won't do that now.

This is very strange thing TimesPrime is doing to the customers. So even if you earn the coupon OR buy from somewhere else, the benefits would be different for the person who buy it using cash. I am not sure what other offers/benefits which are affected because of this condition. Now I doubt I am seeing all the offers. They might have hidden some offers which only members (who paid through cash) can see.
Can you share the page link at which you applied the coupon code?

Its been a some time since this happened, I noticed this almost a year back itself and I asked timesprime.
So timesprime has different type of tie ups and hdfc dcb didnt choose the top level.
From what they told, timesprime only give these additional benefits to paid members

If you have swiggy one then it has better discounts for the same restaurants than dineout passport
you mean swiggy one >> dineout passport?
I have swiggy one but that doesnt have extra HDFC discount offers which we have on Dineout, so I never checked it.

Will surely check both platforms before going.

Sadge. Its good I applied for Axis Myzone 😅
Btw I am hoping disney hotstar sub will work atleast.
Yes and also for high value transactions on dineout like greater than 5k, you are losing out on discount with HDFC card capping and this is where swiggy one+base reward rate shines the best

Can you share the page link at which you applied the coupon code?
It seems they removed it. I also clicked on other offers which they are showing, some of them are not opening. That's what I am saying. They are even hiding the offers. So members who subscribed through coupon will never know these offers which would be better mostly.

Yes and also for high value transactions on dineout like greater than 5k, you are losing out on discount with HDFC card capping and this is where swiggy one+base reward rate shines the best
I compared them. For me Dineout passport is having better discounts than Swiggy One Dineout 😅
May be its region specific.

Back