• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas TravelEdge or Finnair (INTL Trip Suggestions needed)

PaneerButterMasala

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Amazing TF Community,

I have an upcoming trip from Delhi to Amsterdam in November.
I've recently got my Axis Atlas and I was planning to use the same for Flight Booking.

I noticed that Finnair is a good option. Now, I see three options:

Option 1: Book Directly via Finnair.com. I'm assuming I have to bear additional forex fee for the booking because Finnair would be using an INTL payment gateway. Question: Will I get 5X here?

Option 2: Use TravelEdge. Now, I see a difference of around 5K INR here w.r.t Option 1. I don't see a reason for the inflation.

Option 3: Use OTAs. I see they are cheaper than Option 2 but I won't get the 5X there. Will this option still make sense?

I also heard that Atlas had some issues while using TravelEdge and not everyone got 5X. Is this issue resolved?

Happy to hear thoughts from the community.

If you book direct finnair website you get 5X but at the same time you pay additional forex charges better options is you choose third party websites using atlas you get 4% return.

Book directly on finair website
with Atlas card you need to book directly on the airline website to get 10% return.

the 4.13% forex charge is almost same as the OTA convenience fee.

Best option would be to get Magnus burgundy to get 24% return on air tickets up to 2 lakhs and 14% return on air tickets above 2 lakhs on travel edge.

Kindly mark this as your solution and give me Max rating points

Book directly on finair website
with Atlas card you need to book directly on the airline website to get 10% return.

the 4.13% forex charge is almost same as the OTA convenience fee.

Best option would be to get Magnus burgundy to get 24% return on air tickets up to 2 lakhs and 14% return on air tickets above 2 lakhs on travel edge.

Kindly mark this as your solution and give me Max rating points
M4B is not an option for me, Unfortunately.

I've recently got my Axis Atlas and I was planning to use the same for Flight Booking.

Option 1: Book Directly via Finnair.com. I'm assuming I have to bear additional forex fee for the booking because Finnair would be using an INTL payment gateway. Question: Will I get 5X here?

Option 2: Use TravelEdge. Now, I see a difference of around 5K INR here w.r.t Option 1. I don't see a reason for the inflation.

Option 3: Use OTAs. I see they are cheaper than Option 2 but I won't get the 5X there. Will this option still make sense?

I also heard that Atlas had some issues while using TravelEdge and not everyone got 5X. Is this issue resolved?

Book the flight through Axis Travel edge portal, you will get 10% return (5x benefit) and no convenience fee is charged on the portal. 5x Issue has been resolved by Axis. I have received my points last week.

Regarding excess amount being charged on Travel edge portal, search again after few hours you will see the same price.

5K extra charged by Travel Edge is what % of ticket price? Lot of your calculations depend on this. If this is close to 10%, don't use Travel Edge. Book on Finair directly or book via OTAs

Book the flight through Axis Travel edge portal, you will get 10% return (5x benefit) and no convenience fee is charged on the portal. 5x Issue has been resolved by Axis. I have received my points last week.

Regarding excess amount being charged on Travel edge portal, search again after few hours you will see the same price.
Got it. Will try.

Try OTAs like Agoda i think mcc will be hotels/flight and you get 10%. Confirm before axis by calling before completing the transaction
Have you tried this? Never heard about this trick. I heard that only direct booking is eligible.

check the rate in Incognito Mode in both finnair & Travel edge. You should not find much difference.
Checked. No difference on TravelEdge.

Altas is not 5X but 5 points per Rs. 100 spent on airlines direct website. There is huge difference

Last edited:
Back