• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tricked by RM AU bank on pretext of Zenith

mudit.sharma

TF Select
Hello everyone
I had received converted my au savings account to AU royale variant and open 3 more accounts for under family grouping.

Since my things are free for au royale account holders my RM used to push me for different things like QR code , credit card etc.

In past also he was pushing for CC and I clearly told him i want only Zenith that too LTF. At that time AU was introducing Zenith + so i was not given.

Recently my RM again asked me for CC since it is march end.. i told him I need Zenith or Zenith+ only and LTF. He said it is CC pre approved affer for all royale acc holders but you give us otp and we will check which card is available for you..he also said no cibil hit will be done . few mins later i got sms that cc application is submitted, i called rm to check about varient and he said we had pushed application to know which varient is eligible for you, we will let you know as such no card is applied. But soon after i got mail from AU that vetta varient is applied.

Clearly, RM has tricked me into this. Now i am thinking not to activate the card even if gets delivered.. but not sure if it will appear in cibil or not. Since for My dad happened same with ICICI card.

I think but AU will not issue me any other card in future if i will not activate this and if i activate i will not get upgraded offer easily. So not sure what to do. Pls guide

I had planned to inc limit of my existing card to 5lakh and then get Zenith card to card basis but RM runied everything.

Now i am thinking not to activate the card even if gets delivered.. but not sure if it will appear in cibil or not
It won't reflect in your Cibil if you don't activate it;
But high chances that there has been a Cibil hit already; and the reason I believe so is because he asked you for OTP and it looks like he was just normally applying for the your CC on his behalf without authorisation.
I think but AU will not issue me any other card in future if i will not activate this and if i activate i will not get upgraded offer easily. So not sure what to do. Pls guide
About this.... IDK maybe someone else can help

Hello everyone
I had received converted my au savings account to AU royale variant and open 3 more accounts for under family grouping.

Since my things are free for au royale account holders my RM used to push me for different things like QR code , credit card etc.

In past also he was pushing for CC and I clearly told him i want only Zenith that too LTF. At that time AU was introducing Zenith + so i was not given.

Recently my RM again asked me for CC since it is march end.. i told him I need Zenith or Zenith+ only and LTF. He said it is CC pre approved affer for all royale acc holders but you give us otp and we will check which card is available for you..he also said no cibil hit will be done . few mins later i got sms that cc application is submitted, i called rm to check about varient and he said we had pushed application to know which varient is eligible for you, we will let you know as such no card is applied. But soon after i got mail from AU that vetta varient is applied.

Clearly, RM has tricked me into this. Now i am thinking not to activate the card even if gets delivered.. but not sure if it will appear in cibil or not. Since for My dad happened same with ICICI card.

I had planned to inc limit of my existing card to 5lakh and then get Zenith card to card basis but RM runied everything.
I'm not completely sure but once you close or reject AU cards they won't issue again.
If this is the case please accept vetta atleast, since you have saving account with them it might be upgraded.
But closing the card won't benifit you either, accept it if it is ltf

Complain to the PNO about the RM about how angry you are about that cibil hit and the lie about the card variant, and in that same mail demand LTF Zenith+. Say that you will close all of your family's accounts at a moment's notice and switch to IDFC First if your requests are not taken note of.

Hello everyone

Just send out a mail to AU by escalating the incident and clearly say that you don't want a vetta card & this application is done with your consent. And in that same mail express your intent to get Zenith card LTF & brag about your current relationship value with AU and complain about your RM. There is a good chance that they might consider your request. Or even if they don't give you Zenith currently, as this current application is from RM they will allow you to apply for another card later or increase limit. Right in this escalation process try to push for zenith card or if that is refuse push for increased limit.. Usually in these cases banks will accept your request so as to cool you down.

Just send out a mail to AU by escalating the incident and clearly say that you don't want a vetta card & this application is done with your consent. And in that same mail express your intent to get Zenith card LTF & brag about your current relationship value with AU and complain about your RM. There is a good chance that they might consider your request. Or even if they don't give you Zenith currently, as this current application is from RM they will allow you to apply for another card later or increase limit. Right in this escalation process try to push for zenith card or if that is refuse push for increased limit.. Usually in these cases banks will accept your request so as to cool you down.
They won't and can't allow to apply for card again. Their back end tech is buggy and they can't fix it. All the application process is automated to the level of verification.

It won't reflect in your Cibil if you don't activate it;
But high chances that there has been a Cibil hit already; and the reason I believe so is because he asked you for OTP and it looks like he was just normally applying for the your CC on his behalf without authorisation.

About this.... IDK maybe someone else can help
Your card will appear in cibil even if you don't activate it.

Your card will appear in cibil even if you don't activate it.
Well, then it's clearly illegal

Here's the link to the RBI Circular >> https://rbi.org.in/scripts/FS_Notification.aspx?Id=12300&fn=14&Mode=0

Have a look at point 6 a) vii which clearly states >> No card-issuer shall report any credit information relating to a new credit card account to Credit Information Companies prior to activation of the card. Any credit information relating to such inactivated credit cards already reported to Credit Information Companies shall be withdrawn immediately; under no circumstances it shall take more than 30 days from the effective date of these directions.

Reactions: atx
Hello everyone

It wont be reported as a card account in your CIBIL if you don't activate this. But CIBIL enquiry might have already happened while applying.

As this is an LTF card, why not keep it just for bank offers. No harm.

Escalate it to all possible AU options citing mis-selling & fraudulent action by RM. Add that all account blanket closure threat as well in all your emails to nodal officer or PNO or MD whoever.

Back