• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Truecaller Business chat - Credit Card Offers Legitimacy

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Ever since I checked my Credit Score on BankBazaar and PolicyBazaar, I've been getting SMS ads on truecaller (Business Chats) of all different CCs from IndiaLends

Some of these claim to be "Pre-qualified" which is what I'm a skeptic about.

Here's what the message is:

Hi Customer,
You're pre-qualified for Axis Bank Credit Card.
Get upto 20% off across 3K+ outlets. T&C Apply.
Apply now! http://1kx.in/iSdl8C -IndiaLends

It's not the same as Pre-approved, right?

Yes, your suspicions are correct. They are not pre-approved. Whether you get the card or not would entirely be dependent on your credit profile.

PB and BB are not worth it as intermediary unless they have an exclusive offering (like Indus Pinnacle LTF). They do sell your info.

That one is co-branded so you'll most probably going to get it without an issue. RBL isn't that stingy anyway.

It's a pretty lame card though. You can keep it for RBL discount offers that's about it. Do remember that very few people have managed multiple card from RBL Bank, so you'll be stuck with the variant you get.

That one is co-branded so you'll most probably going to get it without an issue. RBL isn't that stingy anyway.

It's a pretty lame card though. You can keep it for RBL discount offers that's about it. Do remember that very few people have managed multiple card from RBL Bank, so you'll be stuck with the variant you get.
Oh no! I thought I can get other RBL cards too... Wanted the LazyPay card (Honestly just coz it looks kinda cool)
The salesperson obviously was not clear coz they said I could try for more RBL cards in about 3 months along with this

Stay away from Bank bazaar. Most fraudulent group of people.
Got it, that was my instinct after the spam calls back to back. Thanks!!

Ignore this. Sometime back I got a call from SBI guy who was claiming I had applied. I denied and Ihen I asked him for further details and he mentioned PaisaBazaar lol.
Yeah, this stuff is very creepy... It's a bit scary too, can't tell the difference between genuine offers and frauds at this rate

BB executives will call multiple times in a day and go like this 'sir you have a pre-approved credit card offer, please confirm your address for the card delivery?' even though I haven't applied for any card.

Mailed them to delete my details from their website, since then calls have stopped, however they still send occasional mails.

Ever since I checked my Credit Score on BankBazaar and PolicyBazaar, I've been getting SMS ads on truecaller (Business Chats) of all different CCs from IndiaLends

Some of these claim to be "Pre-qualified" which is what I'm a skeptic about.

Here's what the message is:

It's not the same as Pre-approved, right?
These third party companies are using Bank logo and have verified their business on Truecaller. It seems like, Truecaller has partnered with these spammers to make people believe that this sms is sent by Bank. I blocked all of them.

I've never applied cards from 3rd party sites just for Amazon vouchers. They just sell our data.Many youtubers and credit card influencers promote this way. This ain't good.

These third party companies are using Bank logo and have verified their business on Truecaller. It seems like, Truecaller has partnered with these spammers to make people believe that this sms is sent by Bank. I blocked all of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-16-13-14-35-78_21e8cabcf42c673ec340bb67ba55b55b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-16-13-14-35-78_21e8cabcf42c673ec340bb67ba55b55b.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 16
Back